• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev to Toronto?

Phil

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5m gets you Martin Jones, though.
FA, Trotz, FA, FA iirc

So, why am I not trading?

No idea where you're going with either of these, especially the second one...but either way $5 million also gets you Lehner, who's numbers are great, even on a bad team.

Either way, we're the one trading the $5million goalie if we had to, so don't know what the Martin Jones comment means. Or the posts on who's an FA.

We're so far away from "should we trade Georgiev" that I don't know where we are now.

Lehner requires a $6m co pilot and he plays half the games, at most. Contradicts your point.

If they have a chance to.trade an nhl backup for assets, all while not getting worse, you do it.

Hard to tell if you're serious.

Greiss made 3.3 last year.

You're painting yourself in a corner with some serious non facts/points.

For the record, I'm on board with trading Georgiev.

Lehner is in Chicago behind Crawford.

He?s no longer in NY with his previously successful tandem. (They don?t work)

Wellll, he doesn't REQUIRE a $6 million backup.

And the Isles signed Varlamov for the same money, for longer, than Lehner LOL. And Varlamov is older.

Safe to say, you don't really have a point about the 1A 1B...

Wellll, he doesn't REQUIRE a $6 million backup.

And the Isles signed Varlamov for the same money, for longer, than Lehner LOL. And Varlamov is older.

Safe to say, you don't really have a point about the 1A 1B...

I haven’t seen a 1B.

People think shesterkin/Georgiev will be that.

I haven’t seen a 1 B.

Any relevant replacement of Lundqvist will require a significant salary, so they aren’t saving cap space. Any any short-lived successful platooning is more expensive, and less reliable, long-term.

And, like Pete mentioned, if you re-sign him, you risk, essentially, losing Shesterkin for nothing. He's got an out clause, and if he goes, not sure he comes back.

Via trade, I think you can see a 2nd + change of scenery B prospect.

His stats and performance are way too inconsistent to get a 1st, IMO.

And, like Pete mentioned, if you re-sign him, you risk, essentially, losing Shesterkin for nothing. He's got an out clause, and if he goes, not sure he comes back.

Yeah I think a #1 may be too rich for him...even at the rate he's playing. I'd take a 2 or a pretty good prospect.

What you describe is Puljujarvi + a 2nd. I would probably do that at the deadline if Puljujarvi comes back over for the Rangers next year. I think he would.

I can see that. But....

Toronto really needs a back up. Way more than they need their 1st round pick next June

What you describe is Puljujarvi + a 2nd. I would probably do that at the deadline if Puljujarvi comes back over for the Rangers next year. I think he would.

Yes, although I think the Oilers are still waiting for a huge return when they trade Puljujarvi.

Are the Oilers looking for a goalie?

Yes, although I think the Oilers are still waiting for a huge return when they trade Puljujarvi.

Are the Oilers looking for a goalie?

I certainly think they’d take the right one

Right now, Georgiev is probably too much for Puljujarvi in real terms. Georgiev is now an established NHL goalie. Puljujarvi is not an established NHL player.

Even with a 2nd, not sure I’d do that.

They would have to really be in love with Puljujarvi