• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev to Toronto?

Phil

None of this makes sense.

Sure it does. You just don't like the idea. That doesn't make it illogical.

Rangers cant take on another big salary, and Toronto doesnt want to lose Nylander for 3 FAs.

Yes, they can, and says who? Not all free agents are equal, anyway. Especially in this kind of deal. Two of these three are RFA.

I dont see Dubas moving Ceci. I think Ceci is one of the most overrated players in the league, so there must be some reason he's liked by management there.

Yeah, because he's fucking terrible. Hence why they take him back to make the money work (maybe).

Outside of Ceci or Nylander, Toronto has no salary to move. Kapanen/Johnnason will be used to get a RHD that fills the void. DeAngelo is closer to what they already have.

Georgiev for a 2nd/3rd + RFA cap dump

Or they'll just wait until July 1 and sign Pietrangelo.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you eat the max salary, he's still overpaid by 2 million, and has another year.

He's certainly not going anywhere this year, and only him having a really big change of heart will make that an option next year.

Just my view, but if he really cared for the Rangers the way he says he does, he would begin to engineer his departure a little early. Surely he sees the bind the FO is in. At the same time, he's not so bad that he's unplayable so maybe he think he can help, or maybe he wants to come back, in two years, as a 1 million dollar backup to whomever remains.

Even if you eat the max salary, he's still overpaid by 2 million, and has another year.

He's certainly not going anywhere this year, and only him having a really big change of heart will make that an option next year.

Just my view, but if he really cared for the Rangers the way he says he does, he would begin to engineer his departure a little early. Surely he sees the bind the FO is in. At the same time, he's not so bad that he's unplayable so maybe he think he can help, or maybe he wants to come back, in two years, as a 1 million dollar backup to whomever remains.

What can he do? He's not going to leave salary on the table. He knows what he signed up for (rebuild) when they asked about his NMC before.

And frankly he isn't stopping them from doing anything.

They'd be in this goalie situation in a few years anyway with Georgie, Shesty, Lindbolm, Wall, etc.

What can he do? He's not going to leave salary on the table. He knows what he signed up for (rebuild) when they asked about his NMC before.

And frankly he isn't stopping them from doing anything.

They'd be in this goalie situation in a few years anyway with Georgie, Shesty, Lindbolm, Wall, etc.

Not saying he retires, just gives to go ahead to move him for final year.

With goaltending, I would say a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I've always beat the Shestyorkin drum but I'd like to see how he looks in the NHL before making any decisions.

They have depth down the chart but Huska, Wall or Lindbom are total lottery tickets.

Not saying he retires, just gives to go ahead to move him for final year.

With goaltending, I would say a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I've always beat the Shestyorkin drum but I'd like to see how he looks in the NHL before making any decisions.

They have depth down the chart but Huska, Wall or Lindbom are total lottery tickets.

Decent goaltending isn't hard to find.

A guy like him thinks he?s still the best option. That?s what make these guys who they are

When he doesn?t, he?ll retire.

Not to derail the thread completely, but why aren't we talking about San Jose and Calgary as possible destinations? They've both got shit goaltending that's holding an otherwise playoff caliber team back too.

I think we talked about SJ earlier this season. Don’t recall Calgary. But they have other issues, no?

I just think it's crazy to even throw Hank's name in any talks about moves that may happen. What happens when his contract is up is a different story. He's repeatedly said he's not interested in going anywhere. I would be extremely interested in seeing what Georgiev could bring back. I tend to think we over value our guys which is normal for every fan base.

This shouldn't even be a discussion. If you believe that Shestyerkin is the goalie of the future, then when you make room for him you trade the goalie that has the most trade value. That is Georgiev easily. Trading Lundvist and keeping Shesty and Georgiev is horrible asset management. Not to mention that if you are bringing along a young goalie to eventually take over and be a star in NYC then Lundqvist is the one you would want mentoring him and being his support system, not Georgiev.

Lundqvist has been that guy for Georgiev and it's probably a huge reason he is where he is today. Lundqvist is a great teammate and has been that guy for a number of young goalies that have come through here and pumped up their trade value. You trade Georgiev, they will trade Georgiev, and they will get a very big return for him. The only question is when.

Oilers deal a Goalie to TOR for some cheese, we deal Georgiev to EDM... Smith might not waive though since the west is wide open.

Grubauer / Dubnyk battling injuries so far all year...Dell struggling, plenty of options if you include within the division.

This shouldn't even be a discussion. If you believe that Shestyerkin is the goalie of the future, then when you make room for him you trade the goalie that has the most trade value. That is Georgiev easily. Trading Lundvist and keeping Shesty and Georgiev is horrible asset management. Not to mention that if you are bringing along a young goalie to eventually take over and be a star in NYC then Lundqvist is the one you would want mentoring him and being his support system, not Georgiev.

Lundqvist has been that guy for Georgiev and it's probably a huge reason he is where he is today. Lundqvist is a great teammate and has been that guy for a number of young goalies that have come through here and pumped up their trade value. You trade Georgiev, they will trade Georgiev, and they will get a very big return for him. The only question is when.

Agree with the post but don't agree with them getting a big return.

When's the last time a goalie got a big return?

I think you have this on the mark, my good man. I just don't think Georgie on his own would bring back a huge return. I agree that decent goaltending in the NHL right now is fairly easy to find, and Georgie is also going to be an RFA at year's end which means he's going to cost more to keep for whomever gets him.