• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev to Toronto?

Phil

He’s ineligible based on NA pro seasons played regardless of how many games he plays this season. It’s based on AHL and NHL. He’ll be 2 years and under by the time of draft which is the criteria for ineligibility.

Thank you for clarifying that:cheers:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d rather deal Hank, lol.

This where I am, but I think it's pretty much a non-starter. They're not moving him unless he asks, which he probably won't, and he doesn't get you back the same return that Georgiev does at 23 with one year remaining on his ELC. I really like Georgiev but maybe Shesterkin, Huska, and Wall all playing well does open up a door to move him.

Those two guys are just more of we have in spades, anyways. Smallish, heady, puck movers with defensive questions.

There's not much there I really like, anymore. Robertson maybe, but there's Leaf hype driving that story. They won't move Mikheyev. They don't have picks to move, really.

Maybe Robertson's teammate in Peterborough, whose name I won't even attempt.

Semyon Der-Arguchintsev? Google exists, man :)

Those two guys are just more of we have in spades, anyways. Smallish, heady, puck movers with defensive questions.

There's not much there I really like, anymore. Robertson maybe, but there's Leaf hype driving that story. They won't move Mikheyev. They don't have picks to move, really.

Maybe Robertson's teammate in Peterborough, whose name I won't even attempt.

Semyon Der-Arguchintsev? I've never seen him play but the way his scouting report and stats read, he seems a lot like Karl Henriksson. Robertson is really small but his play seems agitating and he's able to put the puck in the net.

I don't imagine front office has much appetite to move Georgiev considering Lundqvist is severely declining and likely to be moved next year while Shestyorkin is still an unproven entity in the NHL.

I agree with your thought process and assessment.

Moving Georgiev for assets is a long-term move, admitting we are not a serious playoff contender this year or next year (not capable of a deep playoff run without a lot of puck luck). Or, you are freeing a roster spot for Shestyorkin.

If you are looking to maximize record this year and next year you are playing both Lundqvist and Georgiev, and playing either the experienced goalie or the hot hand leading into the playoffs, until you give Shestyorkin a look.

Moving Georgiev for assets is a long-term move, admitting we are not a serious playoff contender this year or next year (not capable of a deep playoff run without a lot of puck luck). Or, you are freeing a roster spot for Shestyorkin.

If you are looking to maximize record this year and next year you are playing both Lundqvist and Georgiev, and playing either the experienced goalie or the hot hand leading into the playoffs, until you give Shestyorkin a look.

Unless they feel Shestyorkin can step in and produce as well or better. I don't agree that Georgiev is that vital to the team that he is the key to making the playoffs next year by the way, to say they are throwing in the towel on next year if they trade him.

I know this may seem extreme to fans, but I don’t think management views Georgiev as being at the same level as modern day Lundqvist.

CURRENT Georgiev is replaceable

Next 1 - 3 years : Henrik/Shest

Following: Shesterkin/Lindbom

That’s almost 10 years of planning.

• Like 1

Unless they feel Shestyorkin can step in and produce as well or better. I don't agree that Georgiev is that vital to the team that he is the key to making the playoffs next year by the way, to say they are throwing in the towel on next year if they trade him.

He’s currently prime-Lundqvisting the Wolf Pack to being relevant. That team is not good and has been a top seed all season

I know this may seem extreme to fans, but I don’t think management views Georgiev as being at the same level as modern day Lundqvist.

I think Georgiev was a total wildcard in that plan. It turns out he's better than expected. Not really sure he's good enough to change the plan, though.

Love your loyalty to Lundqvist, but we signed him to the 7 year contract with a NMC for the first 4 or 5 years, knowing that we were getting a declining Lundqvist at the tail end.

Lundqvist/Shest suggests ~60 games in goal for Lundqvist and ~ 20 games in goal for Shest. 2020-2021 Rangers would be unwatchable in the defensive end with that combo.

That planning was for us to win a Cup, and we came damn close against the Kings.... and to figure things out at the tail end.

Starting about now, goalies will be devalued in trades in anticipation of the expansion draft. Given that Hank will be at the end of his contract and Sheshty will be ineligible, we will have an open spot to protect at goal and if we trade Georgie now we can trade for a very good No. 2 on the cheap at the end of next season and protect him. Makes me feel better about losing Georgie.

They can't wait until whenever. They'll owe him a contract at some point.
Agree with this. At this rate the leafs backup is going to lose them around 14 more games. That alone will cost them a playoff spot. They need to stop the bleeding somehow. Rangers can wait until whenever to move Georgie for the right return

Love your loyalty to Lundqvist, but we signed him to the 7 year contract with a NMC for the first 4 or 5 years, knowing that we were getting a declining Lundqvist at the tail end.

Lundqvist/Shest suggests ~60 games in goal for Lundqvist and ~ 20 games in goal for Shest. 2020-2021 Rangers would be unwatchable in the defensive end with that combo.

That planning was for us to win a Cup, and we came damn close against the Kings.... and to figure things out at the tail end.

I don't agree with your split there and there's nothing that Quinn has done to suggest he's going to ride Lundquist based on his rep.

Starting about now, goalies will be devalued in trades in anticipation of the expansion draft. Given that Hank will be at the end of his contract and Sheshty will be ineligible, we will have an open spot to protect at goal and if we trade Georgie now we can trade for a very good No. 2 on the cheap at the end of next season and protect him. Makes me feel better about losing Georgie.

I believe the exposure rule is "must have a goalie under contract" exposed.

That should let us expose Huska.

I dont think Georgiev is better than old worn down Lundqvist. NYR fans obsess about their backups, Montoya, Valiquette, Chad Johnson, Raanta, Talbot... collectively, they have 1 good season outside of NY. People even told me that Biron was a starter on most NHL teams. uh.

Youll probably get more in a trade for Georgiev, without salary retention, anyway.