• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ron Duguay Hosting NY Post Rangers Podcast

Phil

I’m not convinced I need an additional platform to hear Brooks and Cyrgalis ideas.

It won't be very smart, or progressive, hockey talk but Duguay consistently showed he was able to be honest in his criticism, which is more than you can say for the current group of sycophants MSG employs.

• 1 month later...
My Athletic subscription mercifully expired, so I tried this out and it's 100x better, even if it's just Duguay calling old Cougs from the 80's that wanted his D.
The Blueshirts Breakaway content is a little better since they moved over to The Athletic. Seems like they have their hands on a bit more info.
Both of these podcasts are insufferable.

BSBA is just a blowhard who repeats himself over and over. The other guy has been a hockey fan for about 5 minutes and just lets the other guy talk over him.

BSBA is just a blowhard who repeats himself over and over. The other guy has been a hockey fan for about 5 minutes and just lets the other guy talk over him.

Yeah, I'm with you.

But one has a easily lampooned former NHL star and has real guests like Brooks.

I don’t think they’re quite that bad

Their show quality is inconsistent , totally give you that

The Kaplan kid definitely comes across as a know-it-all but I do think he does make some good points and he is an intelligent kid.

Not a fan of the other kid.

But all things considered, they do ok.

I hadn’t listened in a while, since they moved to the Athletic, then I had to take a longer car trip so I listened to a few. Wasn’t bad.

But it’s not like it’s Bill Simmons

I did take issue with them identifying guys like Strome and ADA as role players. I can’t really agree with that. Hard to call players who have been that productive as such.