• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#26) Rangers v. Vegas Golden Knights // Holden Out for a Hero

Drew a Penalty

Who was the Player of the Game?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Brendan Lemieux
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Jacob Trouba
    • Pavel Buchnevich
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't. But it makes you immune from hot takes on a message board when there are 19 players playing worse than him.

Keep telling me how Kakko belongs here when you never even notice if he's in the game or not.

Fuck, now counting is a hot take? Counting turnovers on a shift is a "hot take"?

Holy hell. This team better start winning soon.

PP hasn't been good. But they aren't awful tonight. Another night where Lundqvist gives up some shit early goals and gets outplayed by a replacement level goalie at the other end making a fraction of his $8.5 million annual salary. And there have been way too many nights like this for a very long time.
  • Like 1

Buchnevich has been a play killer in the o zone all season. He has made some great passes and some real nice goals but for every one he has 3 terrible plays with the puck. Hanks save % .875 vs. Vegas and that's not good enough. He has 2 good games, 1 great game and the rest he's been average to bad.

Buchnevich has been a play killer in the o zone all season. He has made some great passes and some real nice goals but for every one he has 3 terrible plays with the puck. Hanks save % .875 vs. Vegas and that's not good enough. He has 2 good games, 1 great game and the rest he's been average to bad.

Buchnevich is the forward version of Brady Skjei. He's very capable of making great plays, but you wonder what he could be with consistency and the removal of epic brain farts. Those two are the most frustrating players on this team for me because the talent and skill is there but the decision making is lackluster.

• Like 1

No player of the game for me tonight; They sucked on a lot of levels. Actually when they've lost, there's something you can take away from the game as a learning experience. Not so much last night.

All I know is that this team needs to shoot the damn puck more...ON GOAL!!

Good fucking Lord! I can't stand that shit!!!

no idea why it was a good idea to move panarin to the right side on the pp. at least kakko on the left was showing signs.

also wtf not playing georgiev after the so the other night.

quinn acting a bit like AV playing the vets when he should be developing the kids.

That's another thing too Slobby...Why did he move Panarin? Great question...it was WORKING with him on the left. I don't want Panarin passing...I want him shooting! A LOT!!!

Kakko was ok on the right, and he's a much better choice for the "playmaker"...even though I'd rather see some shots from that right side, so it's not a given that all shots are going to come from Panarin. What about a few shots from the point?? Jesus, If I see Buchnevich try to pass again with no one in front of him, I'm gonna projectile vomit!

Speaking of Quinn...I've been a pretty decent advocate of him so far, and I'm not going to shit on him because of one stinker...but for fuck sake dude...I keep hearing about this "playing the right way", or playing with "structure".

What is "the right way"? I'm not seeing much structure out there...It looked like pond hockey, or a damn puck shoot! Vegas played hard at the start of every period and then got tired as the periods went on. Maybe dump the puck deep and work their defense?? Get some shots on goal, and beat them to some rebounds???

Zone time on the power plays was insane...we mustered a whopping 2 shots per PP.

And a few weeks ago they were 8th at 22%. Panarin on the right was an unnecessary change to accomodate Zib and it's clearly made the PP considerably worse.
It's not worse because Panarin in on the right.

It's worse because they're not shooting.

Kakko was on that unit as recently as the Boston game, IIRC.