• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#26) Rangers v. Vegas Golden Knights // Holden Out for a Hero

Drew a Penalty

Who was the Player of the Game?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Brendan Lemieux
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Jacob Trouba
    • Pavel Buchnevich
    • Other (please specify)

It's not worse because Panarin in on the right.

It's worse because they're not shooting.

Kakko was on that unit as recently as the Boston game, IIRC.

well, Panarin wasnt in shooting position. Kreider wasnt in shooting position, Strome and Zibanejad were covered by the same guy. His only pass was to the point. Easiest 6-6 PK of the season.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, Panarin wasnt in shooting position. Kreider wasnt in shooting position, Strome and Zibanejad were covered by the same guy. His only pass was to the point. Easiest 6-6 PK of the season.
Yea, it's hard to have 2 players like Z and Panarin on the same PP.

At the same time, do you move one to the #2 unit that gets no PP time?

Yea, it's hard to have 2 players like Z and Panarin on the same PP.

At the same time, do you move one to the #2 unit that gets no PP time?

You have to.

Panarin, Strome, Kakko, Fox... Lemieux? Maybe Howden in front?

Zibanejad, Kreider, Buchnevich, Chytil, Deangelo

You dont have to.

Let zib play Strome’s position (in the middle), have panarin on the left and Kakko/buch on the right side.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Cant. PP is running through Panarin. Panarin needs to be back on the left side. In such case, Zibanejad does not have a 1-timer in the slot. I already think Strome being there is an issue. Putting Zibanejad there makes him a less effective/dangerous player.

You're right Pete! They're not shooting!

Josh is right too; gotta split that up for 2 solid units...otherwise you have a 1:15 min powerplay and :45 seconds of dog shit.

I'm also riding with Vodka; Fox on the PP1 unit is a MUST! ..that kid can outright play!

Cant. PP is running through Panarin. Panarin needs to be back on the left side. In such case, Zibanejad does not have a 1-timer in the slot. I already think Strome being there is an issue. Putting Zibanejad there makes him a less effective/dangerous player.

Yup! Bingo!!!

I hear ya 100% on this Josh man! :thumbs:

I know, it limts Zib a little, but thats better than limiting Panarin.

I dont know what they should do, but the most important thing is to have panarin playing the position he will be most productive, and thats on the left. If that means Zib playing in the middle without one-timer options or playing him on the 2nd unit, so be it. But our best player needs to play where he?s best.

Start of the season through 11/26 (Zib returned 11/27): 10th in the league at 20.8%

From 10/28 through 11/26 (While Zib was out): 7th in the league at 22.7%

Since Zib came back they are 1 for 15, and the 1 was Kakko to Fox.

Strome sucks in the slot. Kreider sucks on the goal line..

Should be Zib on the goal line to the left of the net, Kreider in front, Panarin and Kakko on the half wall, and ADA/Fox at the point.

Start of the season through 11/26 (Zib returned 11/27): 10th in the league at 20.8%

From 10/28 through 11/26 (While Zib was out): 7th in the league at 22.7%

Since Zib came back they are 1 for 15, and the 1 was Kakko to Fox.

Strome sucks in the slot. Kreider sucks on the goal line..

Should be Zib on the goal line to the left of the net, Kreider in front, Panarin and Kakko on the half wall, and ADA/Fox at the point.

Doesn't matter who the personnel are, there's plenty of skill... None of that works unless there's movement and rotation. That's what's missing.

I know, it limts Zib a little, but thats better than limiting Panarin.

I dont know what they should do, but the most important thing is to have panarin playing the position he will be most productive, and thats on the left. If that means Zib playing in the middle without one-timer options or playing him on the 2nd unit, so be it. But our best player needs to play where he’s best.

Putting Zibanejad there limits Zibanejad and Panarin, though. Z cant shoot that 1-timer from there, so its one less option for the PP and Panarin. If you want Z there, it would have to be Buchnevich running the PP from the right half wall

Doesn't matter who the personnel are, there's plenty of skill... None of that works unless there's movement and rotation. That's what's missing.

You can only move to so many spots when everyone is a RH shot and your only lefty stands stationary in front of the net.

yes Pete, and its because theres no where to go because they all shoot righty. It limits there options and creativity.
Why are you making it either/or when it's both?

You think having Kakko or Buch there is going to make them move their feet? It's not.

Buchnevich is the forward version of Brady Skjei. He's very capable of making great plays, but you wonder what he could be with consistency and the removal of epic brain farts. Those two are the most frustrating players on this team for me because the talent and skill is there but the decision making is lackluster.

if he was making great plays with consistency, he'd be Crosby. He is what he is, a trade bait for a lesser talented NA player

YES. It opens up/

nevermind. I dont have time to teach this shit right now.

Dude, the power play has lacked movement even when Kakko was on it, they dedicated an entire video package to it.

Maybe you can make time to watch? You may learn something.