• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What to do with Kaapo Kakko?

Morphinity 2.0

Most influential doesn't mean the only influence. I think the argument is that it's not good, and it's compounded by the fact that he's been with Lemieux and Howden.

Regardless, yeah, he's a bit gunshy on loose pucks, boardplay, and backchecking. I'd like to see movement there.

I think there's just an issue in overlap in their games. They play more of a dump and chase game than Kakko's visibly comfortable with. He does not like to be hit. He engages physically here and there, but watch him go for pucks. If he thinks he's gonna take contact that he doesn't like, which isn't him using his back to shield, he typically doesn't engage. Lemieux, of late, has been much better at carrying the puck into the zone. The issue is that Kakko and Howden are typically behind the play or Lemieux doesn't have the requisite skill to hang onto the puck and dish it. It doesn't help that none of the three, including Kakko, take particularly smart or dangerous shots.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic