• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What to do with Kaapo Kakko?

Morphinity 2.0

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/prospect-interest-finnish-playmaker-kaapo-kakko/

Here's one that claims he's a better skater than Rantanen. Fuck right off.

McKeens blurb on him is also funny. They're a scouting service, they claim the only thing faster than his feet are his hands. LMAO.

I'm not going to worry until he gets a whole summer to address his foot speed. It can be done.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, point being, it seems like the hype train took control and any concerns about his skating were completely ignored.
1,000%

People were pumping this kid kid and when I said I expected 60ish points based on everyone's comparables... Everyone backed off.

"We need to be patient with Jagr_v2! He reminds me of Malkin! But we should manage our expectations!"

1,000%

People were pumping this kid kid and when I said I expected 60ish points based on everyone's comparables... Everyone backed off.

"We need to be patient with Jagr_v2! He reminds me of Malkin! But we should manage our expectations!"

Something between Jagr and Malkin career should be easy

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Given a choice of struggling at the NHL level in the New York media market, or taking him out of the spotlight and letting him find his game in Hartford, IMO Hartford is a better option. Let him build some confidence and get his game on track there.

How many different teams do you think he's played for in his lifetime? So he just dons a different sweater for 1-4 weeks, it's part of being a player. Sure, it would be a disappointment for him, but this is a good opportunity to get him on track.

Two things in my opinion that should never factor into deciding whether or not he gets sent down

1- poor kid gets his feeling hurt and he pouts

2- they marketed the shit out of him going into the season

I vote to make a change and by that I don't mean bump him up the lineup. He should earn it first and he hasn't done that on most nights. Bot the end of the world to reset down in Hartford.

He was playing well before the Flu hit him, now he seems a tad off again, like he lost his moxie again. I say stick with him here and let him work through it and keep him on the PP1 unit, he looked good there.

Not that worried about his skating or speed, that can be improved over the off-season.

He was doing well before the flu and now seems like he's fighting himself again. I'd give him a few more weeks to come back out of it. If not, take the A Train after Xmas and see if that helps. Just don't panic. He has shown he has the goods at 18. Just needs time and attention to develop.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

Before he had the flu he had 8 points in 8 games. He lost weight during his absence and hasn’t looked as sharp since.

Combine that with the fact that he’s 18 and guaranteed to have drastic hot and cold stretches during the season and that’s where we’re at. Just like they did before, let him play and work through the lows. That’s part of being an NHL player.

I'm shocked by the 8 points in 8 games stat.

He's never had a real "A+" game in the NHL, that I've seen.

I disagree. I thought he was sorely missed when he was out. Made a decent impact upon his return and has drifted into a slump since his two assist night a few games ago.

He’ll be fine.

I disagree. I thought he was sorely missed when he was out. Made a decent impact upon his return and has drifted into a slump since his two assist night a few games ago.

He?ll be fine.

Yea we're not gonna agree.

Even Zib wasn't "sorely missed".

I guess this is what we should do with him. Put him on a line with talented players (Panarin) and give him time on the right side of the PP. Played really good today.

Ofcourse he will have bad games, he?s still 18. Even after a not good start to the season and a lot of bottom 6 time he?s pacing 20 goals and 40 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Maybe because discussing sending an 18 year old to the AHL isn't panic, especially when he's actually not looking all that good.

He's not been looking good for about 2 weeks. He looked fine today.

Kid's 18. Inconsistency is going to be the hallmark of his game.

What's the value of getting him in the AHL? Lesser competition? Weaker defenders? Just a pee-pee stroke for a while?

He's pacing 40 points; figure maybe he pots a few more once he figures out the NHL proper in the 2nd half of the season. Right on schedule.