• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Henrik Lundqvist Overtakes Cujo

He basically did everything but win the Cup, but it's been so great to have him. It sucks seeing him on the back end of his career and dealing with a great player as they get older is tough. With Shesterkin in the wings, I think the Rangers will still be in great hands in goal going forward.

The guy's been the backbone of this team since pretty much day 1. ...and you're right Sharpy, he's starting to shows distinct signs of slowing down. I get on him sometimes too, but it doesn't take away from the past glory and success of this tremendous player. I would've loved to see him win a cup, and I still hope that the Rangers can get him to a team that has a chance this year, that he can achieve that.

No doubt he will have the playoff of his life with his focus and effort.

He basically did everything but win the Cup, but it's been so great to have him. It sucks seeing him on the back end of his career and dealing with a great player as they get older is tough. With Shesterkin in the wings, I think the Rangers will still be in great hands in goal going forward.

Unfortunately, possibly the Rangers best player of the future might be playing the wrong position again

The guy's been the backbone of this team since pretty much day 1. ...and you're right Sharpy, he's starting to shows distinct signs of slowing down. I get on him sometimes too, but it doesn't take away from the past glory and success of this tremendous player. I would've loved to see him win a cup, and I still hope that the Rangers can get him to a team that has a chance this year, that he can achieve that.

No doubt he will have the playoff of his life with his focus and effort.

Plus he's playing in back of a pretty young and inexperienced defense which doesn't help either. lol That's not exactly a great combination.

Unfortunately, possibly the Rangers best player of the future might be playing the wrong position again

The Rangers in their history have been really fortunate to almost always have really solid if not great goaltending. That will probably continue. If only they could develop more Hall of Fame/great forwards.