• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Cap Situation

BrooksBurner

Still looks pretty raw. Lots of tools, for sure, but is there much offence there? I dunno. I'm only scouting the stat line and the clips I've seen.

31 pts in 40 games in the NCAA playing defense and is only 19. Remember, this is Wisconsin, not shit East college hockey.

And he can skate, and is 6?5

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money just doesn't work, if he's a 60 point D-Man. Are you ready to lock 15 million over the next 7-8 years to both Trouba and ADA? I'm not.

No, but then again I'm not sure he fetches that sort of money even if he does put up 60ish points this season. I think most teams would be VERY reluctant to invest that sort of money in him, and he'll need to prove it for longer.

As such, I'm also not convinced it would be necessary to sign him to that term.

No, but then again I'm not sure he fetches that sort of money even if he does put up 60ish points this season. I think most teams would be VERY reluctant to invest that sort of money in him, and he'll need to prove it for longer.

As such, I'm also not convinced it would be necessary to sign him to that term.

This team just traded a first rounder and a player, then handed out in 8 million dollar contract based on one great season.

You think they're going to be responsible paying ADA?

31 pts in 40 games in the NCAA playing defense and is only 19. Remember, this is Wisconsin, not shit East college hockey.

And he can skate, and is 6’5

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I guess I just half expect his production to crater at any moment.

He's 19 right now but he'll be almost 21 when camps open next year, I'd like them to sign him after this season.

This team just traded a first rounder and a player, then handed out in 8 million dollar contract based on one great season.

You think they're going to be responsible paying ADA?

Actually, yes. I bet they will with him, as they have to view him as a bit of an outsider. I'd say their behavior towards him this past summer supports that.

They could have probably had him locked up for 2 million for the next three years if they wanted to, but they didn't want to jump through the hoops to get there. Now, he's almost certainly going to leave.

Actually, yes. I bet they will with him, as they have to view him as a bit of an outsider. I'd say their behavior towards him this past summer supports that.

They could have probably had him locked up for 2 million for the next three years if they wanted to, but they didn't want to jump through the hoops to get there. Now, he's almost certainly going to leave.

Bye bye! I just don't think they're going to miss him and I don't want to pay him.

Yes, you don't like him and you're not going to change your mind as a very wise man once told me.

I like him. He can't play a lick of D, but I like his offense.

They just don't need him, as I've said like 5 times already, because of Fox and Trouba and the 3 other RHD coming who will make far less.

Marc Staal and Edmonton...is there a fit?

I don't think so, unless they're looking to add depth and there's a retained salary element. Edmonton would do well to bring in a guy like Staal for next year, though. They're bringing up a veritable army of highly regarded young defenders (Broberg, Bouchard, Samorukov) and could go with better veteran leadership than Kris Russell

Marc Staal and Edmonton...is there a fit?

That would be great if so...We're really not missing him right now with his injury absence. As a matter of fact, I think our defense corps looks quicker. Granted we have some zone woes with D'Angelo and Skjei at times, but it's a work in progress.

You know what's interesting to me? What can we do with Hank after his contract expires after 2020? his 8.5 million comes off the books and we're most likely going to have to expose a goalie to the expansion draft.

Do we...

A) resign Hank for a couple million to be Shesterkin's backup?

B) let him walk or trade him at the deadline next year? Would he even Ok that trade?

C) Keep Georgie boy and let Hank go UFA?

• 4 weeks later...
You know what's interesting to me? What can we do with Hank after his contract expires after 2020? his 8.5 million comes off the books and we're most likely going to have to expose a goalie to the expansion draft.

Do we...

A) resign Hank for a couple million to be Shesterkin's backup?

B) let him walk or trade him at the deadline next year? Would he even Ok that trade?

C) Keep Georgie boy and let Hank go UFA?

I gotta think if Hank is still playing NHL level goaltending, he's not going to want to play backup. I guess there would be a chance if he really wants to live inside NY throughout the remainder of his career and the team is looking like a Cup favorite, but that's a pretty short timespan to morph into a Cup favorite.

What cap implications might the Lias Andersson situation have long term? If they were thinking ahead and if he was going to be a guy they thought might cost 4-6 million/yr in his 2nd deal on a long term contract, all of a sudden that potential cap hit doesn't exist anymore. Not only that, but a spot you might have figured would have been taken in the middle 6 is now completely open. I wonder if that has any kind of impact on the thought process of keeping Kreider long term because the more players that bust, the more you would have needed Kreider.

My guess is that it's been a while since they were thinking of Lias in the 4-6 range in a couple of years, but if it's not Lias, it's someone else. In terms of long term planning, it looks like Zib is going from expensive to very very expensive.

My guess is that it's been a while since they were thinking of Lias in the 4-6 range in a couple of years, but if it's not Lias, it's someone else. In terms of long term planning, it looks like Zib is going from expensive to very very expensive.

I love Zib, but I don't know how much I trust him long term health wise to re-up his contract at a big cost at age 29. That really sucks because man is he a special player. I mean, I guess there's examples of elite players who have survived many concussions to still play at a high level - Crosby for one. I just think there's more examples of players whose careers get ruined by multiple concussions.