• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Arvidsson Out 4-6 Weeks After Vicious X-Check from Bortuzzo

Phil

NEW YORK -- St. Louis Blues defenseman Robert Bortuzzo has been suspended for four games, without pay, for cross-checking Nashville Predators forward Viktor Arvidsson during NHL Game No. 358 in St. Louis on Saturday, Nov. 23, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 6:03 of the first period. Bortuzzo was assessed a minor penalty for cross-checking.

Bortuzzo is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $67,073.16. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

This is a complete joke imo.

Looks like Ardvisson?s head hits the crossbar on the first one, so maybe it did sting him a bit. Bortuzzo thought he dove and then gives him another one for real good measure.

Who was it that repeatedly cross checked JT Miller into the ice a few seasons ago? How many games did that get (twas playoffs iirc)?

Looks like Ardvisson’s head hits the crossbar on the first one, so maybe it did sting him a bit. Bortuzzo thought he dove and then gives him another one for real good measure.

Who was it that repeatedly cross checked JT Miller into the ice a few seasons ago? How many games did that get (twas playoffs iirc)?

Nah it was regular season. Byfuglien.

Got 4 games, for what I think was way worse because it was to th eneck/head area.

Nah it was regular season. Byfuglien.

Got 4 games, for what I think was way worse because it was to th eneck/head area.

I mean, either is incredibly dangerous. Look at how Arvidsson's back folds. Consider the position he's in. Either guy could have been paralyzed over these types of reactions.

I mean, either is incredibly dangerous. Look at how Arvidsson's back folds. Consider the position he's in. Either guy could have been paralyzed over these types of reactions.

I hear you, I'm just saying the 4 games was precedent. Seeing it was 4 for Byuf/Miller set the bar very low.

I mean, I guess. That was also nearly five years ago. I could be wrong on this, but doesn't DOPS only consider the "precedent" thing from within a much more rigid timeframe? Like, a calendar year, give or take?
No idea. Also didn't realize it was that long ago.