• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#20) Rangers @ Ottawa Senators // The Pageau Show

Morphinity 2.0

Player of the Game  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game

• Tim Gettinger
    • Jacob Trouba
    • Ryan Lindgren
    • Chris Kreider
    • Other: Please specify

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say whose rebuild is going better. Sens had better players to trade to get their's going, in Stone and Karlsson. I don't really like their return for Stone but the Karlsson trade was fantastic.

Rangers have an obvious advantage in attracting talent they can leverage.

I like the Sens pool of youth much, much more than the Rangers. We're only starting to see the Sens kids.

All in all, I think it's pretty close, but despite the publics view of Dorian, I think he's much better at this than the perception. I'd rate him better than Gorton, actually and I tjink that's easily supported by the facts. Most of what Gorton accomplished fell in his lap.

I'd include the coach, too. Quinn arrived with fanfare, Smith nobody heard of. I think Smith understands pro hockey much better than Quinn.

From my limited view of the Senators (less than 5 games) they show up every night to compete. Each shift plays hard. They can beat more talented teams from grit, work, and sheer determination. It's an established organizational culture.

The NHL schedule is a grind. But each player controls their own compete level on any given night.

Hard to say whose rebuild is going better. Sens had better players to trade to get their's going, in Stone and Karlsson. I don't really like their return for Stone but the Karlsson trade was fantastic.

I like the Sens pool of youth much, much more than the Rangers. We're only starting to see the Sens kids.

All in all, I think it's pretty close, but despite the publics view of Dorian, I think he's much better at this than the perception. I'd rate him better than Gorton, actually and I tjink that's easily supported by the facts. Most of what Gorton accomplished fell in his lap.

I'd include the coach, too. Quinn arrived with fanfare, Smith nobody heard of. I think Smith understands pro hockey much better than Quinn.

Before the season Ottawa was a diasaster and Rangers had an amazing off season. Ottawa has been better than expected, but Rangers should be longer in their rebuild.

You say we?ve only started to see the Ottawa kids, but that could be said about the rangers kids aswell. Kakko and Fox has ~20 NHL games and both looking like potential studs. We have Lundkvist, Shesterkin, Miller, Robertson, Jones, Pajunemi (and more) that has never played an NHL game yet.

They just seem to play harder than the rangers, and I think thats on the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm really up in the air abut Quinn. There's no discernible system or style that I can see.

However, he's been very transparent on what he's looking for from individuals, regardless of linemates, points notwithstanding. That should be really simple for any player at the NHL level.

That said, I think a guy like Smith does better with this roster than Quinn has done. There simply aren't hardly any college coaches who jump right to the NHL and have success.

Missed last nights game entirely soooo...I read this GDT. Two things:

1. Thx for the commentary guys - it reads like a well worn novel.

2. BSBH should hire for all of us, a group Psychiatrist. We need one.

I think the Rangers org should pay for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk