• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Leafs Fire Babcock; Name Sheldon Keefe New Head Coach

phillyb

This is a classic Dubas move.

"Numbers say, it's hard to move up in the standings after US Thanksgiving..." Fire Babs a week before TG.

They're flailing. There's no galaxy-braining going on here IMO. It's clear as day. The Leafs' players aren't responding to this guy anymore. He isn't changing. Impasse. What other choice did Dubas have?

They're flailing. There's no galaxy-braining going on here IMO. It's clear as day. The Leafs' players aren't responding to this guy anymore. He isn't changing. Impasse. What other choice did Dubas have?
I'm just talking timing.

Dubas should have fired him over summer.

Keefe will be an interesting story line. I remember watching him when I was 13 or 14 and he was playing Tier2 in the same division as our local team. He was sooo good at that level, but also really chippy.

Check the PIMs on this roster that went like 50 and 5 or something crazy.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0044011998.html

Keefe will be an interesting story line. I remember watching him when I was 13 or 14 and he was playing Tier2 in the same division as our local team. He was sooo good at that level, but also really chippy.

Check the PIMs on this roster that went like 50 and 5 or something crazy.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0044011998.html

lol holy fuck.

but I'm obviously not as familiar with CA junior A

Fucked up Story just came out about how Babcock apparently had then rookie Marner list all the players on the team from most hard-working to least hard-working. Marner did the task assuming it was private. Babcock then read the list to the team. I assume the players hated him from that day on.