• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Tim Gettinger; Re-Assign Lias Andersson

Drew a Penalty

Everybody should have stopped believing anything coming from the Rangers in regards to Andersson two years ago.

He's not what was promised, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have value to us. If you change your perspective on Andersson it really helps. There's no rush to get him here, just let him marinate elsewhere. We're talking about a guy with bottom 6 potential. Full stop.

It helped Chytil but Chytil is also operating from a significantly higher position when it comes to talent.

I'm not ready to toss the towel in the ring yet on him though, Kev. He's still very young, and I think he needs to play more in order to grow. Hopefully we can get him to play a more disciplined, responsible game as he matures. I can't see how a stint like this could be bad for him, but I've been wrong before! ;)

Chytil has a much higher end skill set than Andersson though.

Don't know about panic, but there's legitimate reason to be concerned if Andersson doesn't right the ship in Hartford. He's running out of time to make an impact though.

Right...that's what I'm saying. It was always going to be easier for Chytl to go down there and dominate just due to the high skill level he has. Andersson doesn't have that which is going to make it tougher to statistically dominate even the AHL. I'm not giving up on him yet but the -5 is slightly concerning to me. More so than the 2 points.

I'm not ready to toss the towel in the ring yet on him though, Kev. He's still very young, and I think he needs to play more in order to grow. Hopefully we can get him to play a more disciplined, responsible game as he matures. I can't see how a stint like this could be bad for him, but I've been wrong before! ;)

I'm getting close. I definitely have the towel in my hand with Lias. My arm is cocked back ready to launch with Howden.

I'm getting close. I definitely have the towel in my hand with Lias. My arm is cocked back ready to launch with Howden.

I hear you my man, I'm just trying to be patient with them...which if you ask any of the guys up here that know me, is VERY HARD for me. Believe me when I tell you, this whole "patience" thing with me is very new! But these guys are so young, I don't even think they have a "favorite chair" yet.

I definitely see where you're at though; I can't blame you, either. I was hoping for something like the way Fox is playing for both of them.

Uh oh. Signs of life. 2 goals and an assist through 2 periods tonight.

Also I don't know what Steven Fogarty has to do to get called up. Nieves and Getting have gotten shots here. Fogarty is a very defensively responsible center and he has a goal and 2 assists tonight and 20 points in 24 games after 52 point last season. Seems to have some chemistry with Lias if he's gonna just play 4th line when he comes back I hope they bring them up together.