• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Tim Gettinger; Re-Assign Lias Andersson

Drew a Penalty

Doubt in this kid is fair. He’s struggled and hasn’t shown anything consistently that leads us to feel encouraged that he will figure it out.

But it’s too early to give up and too early for a change of scenery. It’s still a very small sampling of games, even if it does stretch over 3 seasons.

Playing time will help

Even if they’re grooming him to grow into a bottom six type role of 12-13 minutes a night, playing more minutes in a different role in Hartford, if that is what ends up happening, won’t hurt. Playing and playing a lot is what this kid needs.

Interesting decision to bring up Gettinger. Lettieri, O’Reagan and Fogarty were all in double digit scoring. Gettinger was only at 6 pts. If you wanted someone for the 3rd line maybe Meskanen who’s a Finnish player would have played well with Kakko.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Gettinger is the perfect person to play 6 minutes a night with no complaints.

• 2 weeks later...
What has it been about his play in Hartford that you have not liked?
Am I not allowed to dislike the shitty stat line?

Gotta love when when hot take king dislikes a hot take.

Maybe I should have just wrote "Guess Lias isn't a thing" and had everyone Google it to figure out what the hell that's supposed to mean.

This move really seemed to help Chytil. Let's hope the same for Lias. He can use the playing time and it should help him sharpen up his game some.

It helped Chytil but Chytil is also operating from a significantly higher position when it comes to talent.

It helped Chytil but Chytil is also operating from a significantly higher position when it comes to talent.

Part of my issue with Andersson at the AHL level is somewhat related to this. People like to point towards Andersson's near half point-per-game at the AHL level and say that it's good for his age, which is half true, but when you look at the context of the plays he makes and how he gets his points you see that he's not making NHL quality plays. He's not the type to dominate the AHL, he hasn't already and doesn't attempt to flash any skill that would point towards a higher level of play. Lesser players have shown more. I'm not saying every point needs to be a highlight-reel play, they don't. However, I'd expect him to be making plays that don't just work at the level he's playing at. He's played just well enough at the AHL level but never above that level of play.

Part of my issue with Andersson at the AHL level is somewhat related to this. People like to point towards Andersson's near half point-per-game at the AHL level and say that it's good for his age, which is half true, but when you look at the context of the plays he makes and how he gets his points you see that he's not making NHL quality plays. He's not the type to dominate the AHL, he hasn't already and doesn't attempt to flash any skill that would point towards a higher level of play. Lesser players have shown more. I'm not saying every point needs to be a highlight-reel play, they don't. However, I'd expect him to be making plays that don't just work at the level he's playing at. He's played just well enough at the AHL level but never above that level of play.
To your point, both of his goals were jam plays at the side of the net. Amazon The Rush where he kind of banked it in, but neither were "good" goals from a goalies perspective.

Chytil has a much higher end skill set than Andersson though.

Anyone watching the Pack here? Stats seem to be getting near the "press panic button" moment with Lias.

Don't know about panic, but there's legitimate reason to be concerned if Andersson doesn't right the ship in Hartford. He's running out of time to make an impact though.