Poll: Player of the game:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [RS] (#18) Rangers at Florida Panthers // RAWR XD

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    You're right. The team is very deep at Center with Zibanejad out and it's all just a conspiracy to fit your narrative.
    Zib being out and organizational depth at center have nothing to do with Lias being stuck on the 4th line, but if that's what you want to hang your hat on...If Lias moved to LW on the third line, there are minimum 3 players who could have replaced him on the 4th line for a couple of games.

McKegg plays center.
    Haley plays center.

Could have made a call up.
    Nieves
    Fogarty
    O'Regan

There's no overall lack of depth at center across the organization either.

Zib
    Strome
    Chytil
    Howden
    Lias
    McKegg
    Nieves
    Fogarty
    O'Regan

We're actually pretty set at center. Team needs wingers if they choose to walk away from Kreider, Fast, Strome, Lemiuex is ideally your 4th line wing and Kravtsov future unclear.

You'd think they'd take this opportunity to see what their highly touted #7 pick could do on wing, with less responsibility...But no. It was defenseman Brendan Smith and 27 year old Gregg McKegg who drew the 3rd line LW assignment when it was up for grabs.

Remarkable.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Zib being out and organizational depth at center have nothing to do with Lias being stuck on the 4th line, but if that's what you want to hang your hat on...If Lias moved to LW on the third line, there are minimum 3 players who could have replaced him on the 4th line for a couple of games.

McKegg plays center.
    Haley plays center.

Could have made a call up.
    Nieves
    Fogarty
    O'Regan

There's no overall lack of depth at center across the organization either.

Zib
    Strome
    Chytil
    Howden
    Lias
    McKegg
    Nieves
    Fogarty
    O'Regan

We're actually pretty set at center. Team needs wingers if they choose to walk away from Kreider, Fast, Strome, Lemiuex is ideally your 4th line wing and Kravtsov future unclear.

You'd think they'd take this opportunity to see what their highly touted #7 pick could do on wing, with less responsibility...But no. It was defenseman Brendan Smith and 27 year old Gregg McKegg who drew the 3rd line LW assignment when it was up for grabs.

Remarkable.
    Haley just got waived and McKegg wasn't even playing center when he was on the same line with Andersson. If Quinn wanted to move Andersson off center, it would have been done already. So whatever you say I guess lol

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Haley just got waived and McKegg wasn't even playing center when he was on the same line with Andersson. If Quinn wanted to move Andersson off center, it would have been done already. So whatever you say I guess lol
    Haley was waived today. We're talking about any time this season.

McKegg can play center. That he's playing wing now is irrelevant.

If Quinn thought Andersson could move up the lineup, that would also have been done.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Haley was waived today. We're talking about any time this season.

McKegg can play center. That he's playing wing now is irrelevant.

If Quinn thought Andersson could move up the lineup, that would also have been done.
    Sure, but there's nothing to indicate he would move him off center. He clearly isn't happy with what Andersson has showed, nor should he be, and yet Andersson is still the 4C over all those "centers" you rattled off. Tells me he's committed to Andersson as a center in the future if he has one here. By the way, take a moment to reflect on you mentioning Haley as a legitimate center option for this team, even before the waiver news.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    We all know benching Haley was the right move but Andersson playing 3:55 minutes has to mean Quinns not happy with him.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Sure, but there's nothing to indicate he would move him off center. He clearly isn't happy with what Andersson has showed, nor should he be, and yet Andersson is still the 4C over all those "centers" you rattled off. Tells me he's committed to Andersson as a center in the future if he has one here. By the way, take a moment to reflect on you mentioning Haley as a legitimate center option for this team, even before the waiver news.
    Before we started going round in this dance, my original point was that McKegg was playing up and Lias not. Your reply was that Lias wasn't a LW (despite him playing a bunch on LW last year), you then mentioned Quinn being reluctant to move Lias out of the middle. If you have a quote or evidence to support, I wouldn't mind reading it.

My opinion is that it's far more likely that Quinn is reluctant to move Lias up the lineup, at all. The evidence I have is that we all know the Howden situation, and there will be far more opportunity for Lias as a LW rather than a center on this team.

My point regarding Haley was that it would have been just as easy for Quinn to move Lias to 3LW as to move McKegg up, there were other options for 4C, McKegg included.

The issue is it's pretty clear Lias isn't getting off the 4th line any time soon.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    And he just got replaced in the lineup by Gettinger.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I just noticed on the Rangers website in the picture for extended highlights that Trouba had an "A" on his jersey. Did anyone remember him having the A last night?

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    He wore the A last night

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567