• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Netflix and Nickelodeon Team Up to Take on Disney+

Phil

Nickelodeon and Netflix just announced a multi-year deal to produce original animated content based on the Nickelodeon library and new characters. The details are still vague, but the companies have previously worked together to bring us Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus and Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling and promised a "reimagined," live-action Avatar series.

The deal might make you wonder why Viacom-owned Nickelodeon is partnering with Netflix when Viacom has its own streaming service and is in the process of merging with CBS, which also has its own streaming service. Chances are, Netflix is funding a good portion of the production costs, and it's undoubtedly a move to challenge Disney+, which just launched yesterday.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/13/netflix-nickelodeon-deal-new-content/

--

LOS ANGELES ? Nickelodeon will make a ?SpongeBob SquarePants? spinoff for Netflix as part of a multiyear content-production deal that reflects the pressure on Netflix to fortify itself against new streaming competition, notably Disney Plus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/business/media/netflix-nickelodeon-spongebob-squarepants.html

• Like 1

It's interesting because the whole appeal of the streaming services was cord cut. However, it seems everybody subs to like 3 or 4 streaming services, so they're essentially back where they started, albeit with more freedom for on-demand watching and zero commercials.

In my house alone, we have Netflix, Amazon prime, Disney Plus, (I have the WWE network just for nostalgia watching while on the treadmill). We also have Spotify and I STILL pay for cable lol.I'm a schmuck. I probably watch 10-12 hours of tv a month, lol.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was an incredible series. My whole family watched it together. I never thought at 50 yo I would really like an animated series but it was so well written. The movie made by M. Night Shyamalan was not made well to any fans liking and I heard the series will be made with the original writers so I'm hopeful.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was an incredible series. My whole family watched it together. I never thought at 50 yo I would really like an animated series but it was so well written. The movie made by M. Night Shyamalan was not made well to any fans liking and I heard the series will be made with the original writers so I'm hopeful.
Real good show

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk