• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#16) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // Shittsburgh

Drew a Penalty

Who was the Player of the Game?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Artemi Panarin
    • Adam Fox
    • Alexandar Georgiev
    • Kaapo Kakko
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox is bonkers good. When he fully "gets it", he's going to be really fucking hard to play against.

Also, cheers to KK for the deuce. Nice to see him really figuring it out.

I'll be in the stands for the next two - psyched to see these two live.

Let?s send Fox to Hartford so the Rangers don?t have to give up that extra 2nd round pick [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Let’s send Fox to Hartford so the Rangers don’t have to give up that extra 2nd round pick [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I was just thinking about this. He's their best defender already. I thought he'd be decent, but I didn't think he'd be this good. He seems to really be gaining confidence now too.

What?s with the Lias hate?

I really don't see enough talent there to give him any more ice time. With that being said, the pick stunk and I'm tired of hearing how he STILL has a long career ahead of him. I really don't see much there. Trade him, move on. Next player up.

I will! Only a handful of times per year it's "easy" to see them, so I'm glad to be able to get two cracks at it.
I'm going to the Lightning vs. Rangers on Thursday in Tampa. 2nd row from the ice, 6 seats to the right of Rangers bench. I'm meeting my buddy at the Sail Restaurant next to the arena at 5:30. Come buy for a beer.

I dvred the game so I missed the first half of the second (taking care of the wife, kids were in bed early tonight.) That game was great. 2nd period not so much. Third was exciting and a little frustrating. But the OT was like virgin cheerleader good. Kappo fuckin Kakko got a little Foxy. [emoji1663]

Fox is bonkers good. When he fully "gets it", he's going to be really fucking hard to play against.

Also, cheers to KK for the deuce. Nice to see him really figuring it out.

I'll be in the stands for the next two - psyched to see these two live.

I'll be there against the Panthers

Fox is a stud!

Fox to Kakko for the game winner is legitimately the happiest I’ve been as a Rangers fan in 3+ years.

That was a hockeygasm.

Ya. Woke up still thinking about that GWG. We’re in for a treat as Rangers fans to watch some of these kids.

I'm really digging this team so far. Kakko's first goal made me pee my pants a little!

Sharpy, I have a feeling this kid has more moves than a chess player. He's that type of scorer in my estimation.

I've even noticed he "looks" like he's got a certain type of way he's skating the last few games. I think he's getting a little more acclimated, and developing more of an "I got this shit" type attitude.

Either way, I'm loving his progress, and Fox's as well. They're so young and I know it's going to take time to get where we're going, but I wanna enjoy this part of the trip, so I can say "I REMEMBER WHEN..." :thumbs:

Yeah for the first month or so into the season Kakko looked like an 18 year old playing in the NHL for the first time. Adjustments have been made and his skill set is so good, he's going to get acclimated sooner rather than later. Now he's been scoring and he's got some swagger and confidence in his game. Everything is falling into place for him.

Yeah for the first month or so into the season Kakko looked like an 18 year old playing in the NHL for the first time. Adjustments have been made and his skill set is so good, he's going to get acclimated sooner rather than later. Now he's been scoring and he's got some swagger and confidence in his game. Everything is falling into place for him.

"Swagger" is a good term for it...yes! I gotta say that I think Kakko and Lemeiux have worked pretty well together and I see a lot of chemistry between them. Maybe when Mika gets back he can center that line and we may have some more magic there.

I also got a kick out of Lindgren, and Chytil last night. Lindgren is a tough competitor. He gave Malkin a couple of good shots in front of the net all night. I think we may have struck pay dirt with him as well.

Chytil was buzzing all night and even though he didn't light the lamp, he was very noticable.

The kids are coming along, and it's a lot more enjoyable to watch than it has been in quite some time.

I don't wanna get too impatient with the kids, because they're going to progress at their own pace, and there will be drawbacks I'm sure. The thing is that I see this team being a perennial powerhouse 4 years down the road. Guys like Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Lindgren, Buchnevich, should be a very solid building block for years to come. Hopefully we get players like Lias, Howden, Shesterkin, Kravtsov and a couple other to hit that next level sooner than later, and who knows what we can do?

"Swagger" is a good term for it...yes! I gotta say that I think Kakko and Lemeiux have worked pretty well together and I see a lot of chemistry between them. Maybe when Mika gets back he can center that line and we may have some more magic there.

I also got a kick out of Lindgren, and Chytil last night. Lindgren is a tough competitor. He gave Malkin a couple of good shots in front of the net all night. I think we may have struck pay dirt with him as well.

Chytil was buzzing all night and even though he didn't light the lamp, he was very noticable.

The kids are coming along, and it's a lot more enjoyable to watch than it has been in quite some time.

I don't wanna get too impatient with the kids, because they're going to progress at their own pace, and there will be drawbacks I'm sure. The thing is that I see this team being a perennial powerhouse 4 years down the road. Guys like Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Lindgren, Buchnevich, should be a very solid building block for years to come. Hopefully we get players like Lias, Howden, Shesterkin, Kravtsov and a couple other to hit that next level sooner than later, and who knows what we can do?

d91.gif