• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is holding them to different standards, and making up shit excuses after.

Its been over a year that this has been happening with Quinn in regards to Howden.

No, his standard is pretty clear.

You're judging result and he's judging effort and "Is this guy doing everything he's capable of?*

• Like 1

No, his standard is pretty clear.

You're judging result and he's judging effort and "Is this guy doing everything he's capable of?*

I do understand what you are saying (Quinn is looking for results of what he's asking for, nothing else.), I still disagree that he's applied this fairly.

Not sure its a "what hes capable of", more of "what [Q] is asking from them" (which, I think, youve previously stated)

He likes the “way” Howden plays better and he clearly feels Howden is playing up to his ability

He doesn’t feel that way about Andersson

I dont think that's it.

I think the easiest to understand comparison is Torts sending Zucc down for not being "hard" enough. He could have played in the NHL but not the way Torts demanded.

"You dont play my style, you dont play"

I dont think that's it.

I think the easiest to understand comparison is Torts sending Zucc down for not being "hard" enough. He could have played in the NHL but not the way Torts demanded.

"You dont play my style, you dont play"

Well I see what you are saying but I think it’s an echo. I think we agree

Howden’s ceiling is probably that of a 4C. I’d argue that he’s playing like and producing as a 4C

He just happens to be playing 3C, and is doing so basically by default.

I believe Quinn feels Lias has more to give. He could play with more speed and pace. He could play with more “hard” to his game. He could play better within the style and system that Quinn is deploying.

He hasn’t done that.

Bottom line, Quinn has gotten more of the things he wants and likes from Howden then he has from Lias, despite the fact that Lias probably has more ability.

• 4 weeks later...

Mittelstadt has often been used as a stick to beat the Andersson pick with.

I still think he would be the better pick, due to offensive upside Andersson simply doesn't have. But clearly, people wouldn't be over the moon with what he's shown so far either. And he's been given a lot more rope - or at least opportunities (he may or may not have earned those) - than Lias Andersson has.

• Like 1