• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

Coworker is into another Rangers website, I think it is more of a blog than a forum. He said there is some talk on that site of a possible trade with Detroit, Lias for Zadina. They need centers and Zadina is stuck in the AHL. Unfortunately I do not have sources, I am just forwarding some rumors that I heard. Take it for what you will.

That is exactly the type of trade they should be looking for, if trading him is actually on the table.

However, this one sounds fanciful. I don’t think it’s necessarily accurate to say he’ “stuck” in the AHL; Detroit are well known to keep their prospects down there to marinate longer than most. And even if he hasn’t fully lived up to the draft hype, I don’t get the feeling evaluators have lost confidence in him developing into an elite scorer.

They would almost certainly have to sweeten the pot significantly imo.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing 31 Thoughts, Yzerman traded for Perlini and Fabbri. He's not scared of a reclamation project.

That said, my thinking is...he's also not dumb so wondering why he'd want Lias and not Zadina for Pool Party.

Long history of Swedes in Detroit, I guess?

I'd hold another year. Our 4th line is awful, and I'd like to see how it shakes out next year, as there doesn't seem to be any change coming immediately.

There's better wingers for Andersson out there than Smith/Haley/Mckegg.

I mean ideally Fast is your 4th wing next year.

Panarin Strome

Kakko Kravtsov

Lemiuex Buch

Smith Fast

Maybe if he earned it, he'd get it.

Why should Quinn "give" anything to him when he's invisible?

Don’t really feel like getting into it, so here’s an argument that makes a certain amount of sense to me: https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/11/11/20959320/the-lias-andersson-situation-shouldnt-be-this-complicated-new-york-rangers-brett-howden-filip-chytil

Don?t really feel like getting into it, so here?s an argument that makes a certain amount of sense to me: https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/11/11/20959320/the-lias-andersson-situation-shouldnt-be-this-complicated-new-york-rangers-brett-howden-filip-chytil
That's a mic drop.
I couldn't make it through the article. It's all been covered.

It all comes down to pushing Lias up by pushing Howden down. We talked about it ad nauseum.

It's really about Lias fanbois gonna fanboi.

Doesn't matter what we think the org as a whole isn't buying whatever it is Lias is selling. Are we going to have faith in JD, JG and DQ or not? Two outta three there for me.

Unsure. Lias Andersson represents the frustration at the front office, at the moment, regardless of which side you are on.

I’m sorry but I just don’t see the huge deal this has been made into after 60-odd games for a 21 year old kid whose skill set and ceiling was never going to blow the doors off of anyone, especially offensively.

He has been not good. He should not have been picked at 7.

These are easily observed.

Neither of those things or a host of others damn him into never becoming an NHL player of value.

And we won’t really know for a while either.

We all know what the development curve is roughly for most kids.

Give it time.

And it’s too early for the “wasted pick” or “needs a fresh start” talk.