• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit is owed the Rangers for treating Lias Andersson as they would any other young prospect required to earn minutes and not as an entitled seventh-overall selection of the 2017 entry draft that the Swede was just hours after the club had obtained that pick in the Derek Stepan deal with Arizona.

Credit to the front office led first by Glen Sather and now by John Davidson for not directing David Quinn to abandon his principles and give the youngster ice time the coach did not believe Andersson had warranted in order to make what appears an unwise draft decision look good.

?We?re open to everything,? Quinn said when asked about shifting Andersson to the flank, where he lined up 10 times for the Rangers last season. ?I think moving Lias to wing is an option, too.

?I think if he plays well, there?s an opportunity on the wing. I think everything is on the table for him if he goes down there and plays well and if we bring him up, maybe we do put him on the wing. But at his age I want to continue to give him a fair opportunity in the middle.?

https://nypost.com/2019/11/18/everything-is-on-the-table-for-rangers-when-it-comes-to-lias-andersson/

I don't disagree with the rationale, it's the pretending that everybody gets held to it, which is just not the case.
What are the exceptions? The guy health bombed Staal lol! He sent Chytil to the A and Kravtsov back to Russia!

Howden again? Maybe... Just maybe... It's because Quinn knows Howden is playing about as well as he can... And thinks Andersson can play better?

Maybe, or even probably, but, if this is as good as Howden gets he's no third liner. What has he shown to deserve his role? I have no qualms with him playing over Andersson as the 4th C on merit at this point.

I guess we'll see when Zibanejad is healthy what happens, if Strome shifts to wing, and Howden remains in 3C spot I guess we'll know the jig is up.

Hajek has also received ample leash despite also seeming to struggle with pace of play. Why is he even here, honestly, and partnered with Trouba no less. But sctach Staal on Girardi night. OK.

Also, wake me up when our best goaltender is even on the roster.

Maybe, or even probably, but, if this is as good as Howden gets he's no third liner. What has he shown to deserve his role? I have no qualms with him playing over Andersson as the 4th C on merit at this point.

I guess we'll see when Zibanejad is healthy what happens, if Strome shifts to wing, and Howden remains in 3C spot I guess we'll know the jig is up.

Hajek has also received ample leash despite also seeming to struggle with pace of play. Why is he even here, honestly, and partnered with Trouba no less. But sctach Staal on Girardi night. OK.

Also, wake me up when our best goaltender is even on the roster.

Maybe agree on Hajek there, but that's just growing pains.

I still keep coming back to Howden at 3C is nothing more than a message to Lias.

Igor not being here yet is fine, dont want him to experience things like what just happened in Tampa yet. Let him dominate in the A for some months first.

Agree on Howden tho, he?s not doing anything offensively for this teams. Im fine with him playing 4th line and some PK, but that should be it. When Mika is back he cant play 3C.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Howden again? Maybe... Just maybe... It's because Quinn knows Howden is playing about as well as he can... And thinks Andersson can play better?

I think that's a large part of it.

But it doesn't change the undeniable fact that Howden is struggling badly and shouldn't be playing 3c in the NHL. I don't understand why they're so hellbent on keeping this kid with the big club. He had a hot start last season but has been drowning ever since. The guy came straight from juniors last year, what's so bad with giving him some time to work on his game in the AHL?

And yes, this is completely unrelated to Andersson.

This is what happens when you rush guys - they flounder. Neither Anderson or howden have shown that they’re ready for the nhl at any point. I agree they should both be getting valuable time in the A.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I dont think that's necessary true. I think both are capable of playing minutes in the NHL. (Again, doesnt have to be 20min/82 games, either). I'm not sure either has been put in a place to succeed, though. In that sense, they have been floundering. Andersson was never put with guys that have offensive abilities (and wow - no offense), while Howden doesnt receive the defensive wingers (regularly) that he desperately needs (wow - no defense!)

Exactly. I think basically everybody but one has been held to the rationale, which was always the crux of the problem.

Maybe its just that Andersson isn't playing well, or isn't giving his all in practice. Why in the hell would a coach single out one player? Mayo. Just maybe ITS THE PLAYER!?!?!?!

Seriously guys, why would he play games with an organization's high end prospect? It's not like he hates Swedes. He plays the others on the roster...

Maybe its just that Andersson isn't playing well, or isn't giving his all in practice. Why in the hell would a coach single out one player? Mayo. Just maybe ITS THE PLAYER!?!?!?!

Seriously guys, why would he play games with an organization's high end prospect? It's not like he hates Swedes. He plays the others on the roster...

I'm saying he is treating Howden differently than all of the rest, not Andersson.

Except he is and his rationale doesn?t mean he?s right or he is telling the whole truth
No it doesn't make him right, at all. Or wrong.

To suggest he's being dishonest is just a massive reach with absolutely no evidence. Tinfoil hat territory. It's his team. He's got no reason to lie. That's silly.

And if you saw the presser... It was basically "I play guys who I feel play the way I want them to play".

He doesn't have to lie because he is his own barometer.