Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Rangers’ Lias Andersson Dilemma May Need Trade Resolution

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Don’t really feel like getting into it, so here’s an argument that makes a certain amount of sense to me: https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...n-filip-chytil
    That's a mic drop.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Don’t really feel like getting into it, so here’s an argument that makes a certain amount of sense to me: https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...n-filip-chytil
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    That's a mic drop.
    I couldn't make it through the article. It's all been covered.

It all comes down to pushing Lias up by pushing Howden down. We talked about it ad nauseum.

It's really about Lias fanbois gonna fanboi.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Do you think Howden is effective, or something, he's not.

Banned Junior Division
    Im a fanboi

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Do you think Howden is effective, or something, he's not.
    Scroll back up and see for yourself.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Doesn't matter what we think the org as a whole isn't buying whatever it is Lias is selling. Are we going to have faith in JD, JG and DQ or not? Two outta three there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I couldn't make it through the article. It's all been covered.

It all comes down to pushing Lias up by pushing Howden down. We talked about it ad nauseum.

It's really about Lias fanbois gonna fanboi.
    This response is exactly why it was a mic drop

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Doesn't matter what we think the org as a whole isn't buying whatever it is Lias is selling. Are we going to have faith in JD, JG and DQ or not? Two outta three there for me.
    Unsure. Lias Andersson represents the frustration at the front office, at the moment, regardless of which side you are on.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I’m sorry but I just don’t see the huge deal this has been made into after 60-odd games for a 21 year old kid whose skill set and ceiling was never going to blow the doors off of anyone, especially offensively.

He has been not good. He should not have been picked at 7.
    These are easily observed.

Neither of those things or a host of others damn him into never becoming an NHL player of value.
    And we won’t really know for a while either.

We all know what the development curve is roughly for most kids.
    Give it time.

And it’s too early for the “wasted pick” or “needs a fresh start” talk.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    This response is exactly why it was a mic drop
    Whatever that means.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Andersson sent down, Gettinger called up

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Everything is on the table for Rangers when it comes to Lias Andersson

Credit is owed the Rangers for treating Lias Andersson as they would any other young prospect required to earn minutes and not as an entitled seventh-overall selection of the 2017 entry draft that the Swede was just hours after the club had obtained that pick in the Derek Stepan deal with Arizona.

Credit to the front office led first by Glen Sather and now by John Davidson for not directing David Quinn to abandon his principles and give the youngster ice time the coach did not believe Andersson had warranted in order to make what appears an unwise draft decision look good.
    “We’re open to everything,” Quinn said when asked about shifting Andersson to the flank, where he lined up 10 times for the Rangers last season. “I think moving Lias to wing is an option, too.

“I think if he plays well, there’s an opportunity on the wing. I think everything is on the table for him if he goes down there and plays well and if we bring him up, maybe we do put him on the wing. But at his age I want to continue to give him a fair opportunity in the middle.”
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/18/everyt...ias-andersson/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I don't disagree with the rationale, it's the pretending that everybody gets held to it, which is just not the case.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Puts to rest any blame that maybe aimed at whoever he's on the ice with. Clearly they as a org think he's gotten what he's earned which is a ticket to lovely Hartford. Good luck, time to step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

I don't disagree with the rationale, it's the pretending that everybody gets held to it, which is just not the case.
    Exactly. I think basically everybody but one has been held to the rationale, which was always the crux of the problem.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    What are the exceptions? The guy health bombed Staal lol! He sent Chytil to the A and Kravtsov back to Russia!

Howden again? Maybe... Just maybe... It's because Quinn knows Howden is playing about as well as he can... And thinks Andersson can play better?

Maybe, or even probably, but, if this is as good as Howden gets he's no third liner. What has he shown to deserve his role? I have no qualms with him playing over Andersson as the 4th C on merit at this point.

I guess we'll see when Zibanejad is healthy what happens, if Strome shifts to wing, and Howden remains in 3C spot I guess we'll know the jig is up.

Hajek has also received ample leash despite also seeming to struggle with pace of play. Why is he even here, honestly, and partnered with Trouba no less. But sctach Staal on Girardi night. OK.

Also, wake me up when our best goaltender is even on the roster.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Maybe, or even probably, but, if this is as good as Howden gets he's no third liner. What has he shown to deserve his role? I have no qualms with him playing over Andersson as the 4th C on merit at this point.

I guess we'll see when Zibanejad is healthy what happens, if Strome shifts to wing, and Howden remains in 3C spot I guess we'll know the jig is up.

Hajek has also received ample leash despite also seeming to struggle with pace of play. Why is he even here, honestly, and partnered with Trouba no less. But sctach Staal on Girardi night. OK.

Also, wake me up when our best goaltender is even on the roster.
    Maybe agree on Hajek there, but that's just growing pains.

I still keep coming back to Howden at 3C is nothing more than a message to Lias.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Exactly. I think basically everybody but one has been held to the rationale, which was always the crux of the problem.
    It’s really foreign (and Italian looking) vs NA
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Igor not being here yet is fine, dont want him to experience things like what just happened in Tampa yet. Let him dominate in the A for some months first.

Agree on Howden tho, he’s not doing anything offensively for this teams. Im fine with him playing 4th line and some PK, but that should be it. When Mika is back he cant play 3C.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast