• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also had a 5 point game last game. 2 goals, 3 assists.

I still have no idea why everyone hates this dude so much. Yeah, he did some bad things, but rangers fans and the org has been horrible with him.

He?s still 21, he can still be a good bottom 6 center (we really need that), but for some reason we dont even consider him a prospects because what he did as a 19 y old.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I still have no idea why everyone hates this dude so much. Yeah, he did some bad things, but rangers fans and the org has been horrible with him.

He’s still 21, he can still be a good bottom 6 center (we really need that), but for some reason we dont even consider him a prospects because what he did as a 19 y old.

Agreed. Best case scenario here is that he gets his mind right and returns to become a solid 3c. How likely that is I don't know, but I think the org is smart enough to let bygones be bygones if he develops and wants to come back.

In any case, him doing well in Sweden is good for everyone concerned.

He’s still 21, he can still be a good bottom 6 center (we really need that), but for some reason we dont even consider him a prospects because what he did as a 19 y old.

This is a fan base that’s never seen a top pick develop. Most were also under the impression that top 10 picks are automatically superstars their first season. Kravtsov and Kakko have received similar criticism.

This is a fan base that’s never seen a top pick develop. Most were also under the impression that top 10 picks are automatically superstars their first season. Kravtsov and Kakko have received similar criticism.

This argument would fly of most of the NHL didn't also agree Lias isn't good. There's a reason they couldn't trade him.

This argument would fly of most of the NHL didn't also agree Lias isn't good. There's a reason they couldn't trade him.

Not sure they tried. Other than circle jerk bloggers saying so.

He projects to be exactly what they need in a few seasons. No sense making a panic internet trade when a prospects is at an all time low.

Am I missing something? How is him playing here still an option? Don't we only have his rights for one more season, and didn't he basically quit? Like twice? Was offered to come back for the playoffs and burned that bridge too. I think they DID let bygones be bygones and he still said no, right?

I'm not sure I'd classify what happened leading up to the playoffs/ins as "quitting" and "burning bridges". A decision was made that, in the current climate and I suppose his own personal situation, it was better for him to stay in Sweden. Like I said I don't think the chances of him suiting up for the Rangers again are huge, but I don't think choosing to stay in Sweden at the time is going to be used against him.