Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Straight up, no more. Problem child for problem child. Pool boy hasn't shown anything to be worth more.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    sign me up, nothing to lose here imo.

Banned Junior Division
    do it. do it. do it. and throw McDavid in for Fast

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    do it. do it. do it. and throw McDavid in for Fast
    Might need Edmontonís 1st too to make it fair

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Straight up, no more. Problem child for problem child. Pool boy hasn't shown anything to be worth more.
    I think they may add prospects & picks to said deal if it happens.
    Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Hmmm. He kind of has, because at least he has flashed the skillset necessary to be a useful top 9 NHL player. Lias Andersson hasn't. At this point you're projecting with both players, at least for Puljujarvi you can say he has the skillset to be of value in the NHL if you can get his head right. With Lias you're questioning whether he has the necessary tools, even if you can get him fixed mentally.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Hmmm. He kind of has, because at least he has flashed the skillset necessary to be a useful top 9 NHL player. Lias Andersson hasn't. At this point you're projecting with both players, at least for Puljujarvi you can say he has the skillset to be of value in the NHL if you can get his head right. With Lias you're questioning whether he has the necessary tools, even if you can get him fixed mentally.
    I think when his head is right, Lias has the tools to be a solid NHLer. Not phenomenal, but solid.

Regardless, I think you'll see this trade made at the draft. The Rangers will address center depth in the first round, and when we can slot one or two more names ahead of Lias on the depth chart, we'll address the LW depth by engineering this trade.

Might end up looking like Lias and a 3rd for Puljujarvi and a 5th or something.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    I'm not sure either is an NHL player. Both feel like they're in over their heads. The difference is one can skate and the other can't, so all things being equal, I'd rather roll the dice with the one who can. Trade him.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Rangers also have Kakko, Kravtsov and Buchnevich on the right wing.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I think when his head is right, Lias has the tools to be a solid NHLer. Not phenomenal, but solid.
    I mean, he was able to play in the NHL as a 19 year old. He wasn't great by any means, but the fact he didn't look completely out of place means he has a lot of talent. The problem with Andersson is that, after a couple of years in NA, we kind of know what he is. Around the draft he was seen as a dependable 200 ft player with 2c upside. We now know that his lack of footspeed and skill means that is not going to happen. I do agree that if it all comes together for him he could do a job as a 3c, but that is the absolute pinnacle for him.
    Whereas for Puljujarvi, his skill set and size means that, if it all comes together for him, he could be a top 6 winger. I know the Finnish league is so-so, but he did put up around a ppg over 50 something games this season.
    At the end of the day, with two guys like this you look for upside. It's just a wild swing of the bat. My worry is that someone will offer a slightly shinier object than Lias beacuse IMO Puljujarvi is still worth a shot at the right price.

Senior Member Mite Division MuddyInTheMiddle's Avatar
    I mean, he was able to play in the NHL as a 19 year old. He wasn't great by any means, but the fact he didn't look completely out of place means he has a lot of talent. The problem with Andersson is that, after a couple of years in NA, we kind of know what he is. Around the draft he was seen as a dependable 200 ft player with 2c upside. We now know that his lack of footspeed and skill means that is not going to happen. I do agree that if it all comes together for him he could do a job as a 3c, but that is the absolute pinnacle for him.
    Whereas for Puljujarvi, his skill set and size means that, if it all comes together for him, he could be a top 6 winger. I know the Finnish league is so-so, but he did put up around a ppg over 50 something games this season.
    At the end of the day, with two guys like this you look for upside. It's just a wild swing of the bat. My worry is that someone will offer a slightly shinier object than Lias beacuse IMO Puljujarvi is still worth a shot at the right price.
    Right. Like you mentioned, while Andersson for Puljujarvi is equitable at this point, I think Edmonton can get slightly more for Puljujarvi on the open market based on their individual ceilings. Might take a sweetner to get this done if that is the road the Rangers want to go down.

Do you think Andersson plus one of Lindbom, Gettinger, or Reunanen for Puljujarvi gets it done?

Bank of Quinn BSBH Prospect
    Edmonton has been trying and failing to sell Puljujarvi for the longest time. Holland wanted more. No one offered anything.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Edmonton has been trying and failing to sell Puljujarvi for the longest time. Holland wanted more. No one offered anything.
    Exactly this. He has had 3 whacks at it in the NHL and nothing to show for it. I really don't see how he is worth more than Andersson.

Banned Junior Division
    Maybe even less. I dint think Andersson would appose playing in the NHL for any team or under any capacity

Banned Junior Division
    Maybe even less. I dint think Andersson would appose playing in the NHL for any team or under any capacity
    With Palj no one is even sure he’ll play

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    "I'll trade you my box of cheese for your box of cheese. Let's open them and see who got Brie and who got Limberger."

Apart from the Rangers?

Banned Junior Division
    Apart from the Rangers?
    Including the rangers

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    This is a little wild, IMO, but straight from Carp:

When resumption of play arrives, the Rangers will have to set a roster, including an as-yet unofficial number of call-ups. Lias Andersson, with whom Davidson has remained in contact, is a possibility. Davidson also said he doesn’t yet know what punishment will be faced by Brendan Lemieux, who is suspended for a hit on Colorado’s Joonas Donskoi in the final game in Denver.

“We don’t know where we’re going to go,” Davidson said. “We don’t even know the exact roster (limit) number just yet. … We’ll go through that stuff once we get this a little bit more organized and try to get the players in that we want to get in here. Of course, you need a good roster for this thing. You’re going to have a training camp to go through, then you have, hopefully, quite a number of games – not only the play-in round, but you hope to win that and move forward and depth makes a difference when it comes to that stuff. So we’ll work at all those options.”
    That raised an eyebrow for me; has JD recovered the relationship?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    He said Quinn has been in contact with him during this layoff as well.

Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast