• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson Leaves the Team; Requests Trade

Phil

Because PR is a two-way street. Right now, there's a charge — however unfounded — of wrongdoing on their part that's not been clarified.

If someone accused you of doing something awful, publicly, wouldn't you want to know what the hell they were even talking about? How does pretending they never said it fix anything?

Problem is that no one knows what the issue was. Its hard to defend yourself against allegations when you don't know what that allegation is.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because PR is a two-way street. Right now, there's a charge ? however unfounded ? of wrongdoing on their part that's not been clarified.

If someone accused you of doing something awful, publicly, wouldn't you want to know what the hell they were even talking about? How does pretending they never said it fix anything?

Then make a statement that they aren?t aware of any wrong doing, if that?s truly how they feel.

I don't think JD owes him the time of day when it comes to doing anything more than attempting to speak to him. If he's in hiding behind his agent so be it. Jumping on a plane to me isn't necessary. Let his "advisors" continue to do what's best for him, they seem to have nailed it so far. He's already dead weight to the org let him sit and rot. I don't think the Rangers have anything to defend. This kid has had issues going back to before he even came to NY. Yes, I'm referring to throwing the medal which looking back was a real indication of what was going on on this kids empty head.

I have to imagine the Rangers organization know a lot of whats going on, or, at least they arent completely in the dark as Brooks seems to be suggesting.

There's no benefit to going haflaway around the world to have this kid spew at Davidson. And there could be some serious downside legally to doing so. NYR braintrust probably already knows what he might say anyway.

We also don't know if NYR are very aware of Andersson's issues such they sent him to what ever treatment their medical professionals may have sent Andersson to or recommended he go to. In fact they're bound by privacy laws and HIPA not to discuss that with anyone.

Only good thing; next time during draft prep Gord Clark mentions leadership and intangibles, he will be thrown out the window immediately.

If he refuses to play and they suspend him, how long is he our rights for? He?s an rfa after next season I believe but I?m not sure how him leaving and being suspended affects his contract tenure

I would think that if he is suspended and they aren't paying him that the contract is on hold. he left the team, and if that contract does expire, he still stays an RFA and would need to be either re-signed by the Rangers or they would have to move him for him to continue playing in the NHL/AHL.

Hence the suggestion to fly JD to Sweden to talk with him.

If he isn't talking to anyone tough, why fly JD over there? Brooks said that he only talked to the media in Sweden because he was at a game and they saw him there and were asking him questions. He never actually went to the media himself.

“I’ve called him, but haven’t talked to him. We’ve talked to the agent [Jarrett Bousquet] a lot. That seems to be the way he wants to do things at this point, which is fine,” Davidson told reporters before the Blueshirts practiced in advance of their flight to St. Louis for Saturday’s match against the reigning Stanley Cup champions. “He’s disappointed things haven’t worked out to this point. We’re disappointed things haven’t worked out to this point, which is natural.

“When you look at this situation and try to analyze it, I’ve done a lot of research and I can’t really figure out exactly what the issue is other than disappointment. I think that this group here — the Rangers — treat players well, as most people know, do the best they can to provide them with every opportunity to become the best player they can be as quickly as possible. And I feel that that has happened here.

“It’s a hard one to really figure out until you end up talking to Lias directly. We haven’t done that [because] at this point he wants everything to go through his agent. So we’ll see where it goes.”

What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.

“Things may have gotten lost in translation, I don’t know,” Davidson said. “I know the last game he played in Hartford [on Dec. 18 in Charlotte], he played 20 minutes and then decided to leave.

“I’m not going to read translations because it doesn’t make sense until you hear it from the actual person,” Davidson said. “It just doesn’t make sense.

“However I will say that I’ve tried to reach out to everybody involved in our organization and I don’t sense there have been issues. And at the same time, there’s always a fine line with this stuff, especially in today’s world. I don’t want to see anybody get marked with anything, and that includes Lias and anybody who’s worked with him.

“All I know is that everybody has tried to do the right thing for the right reason and I believe that’s what’s happened.”

https://nypost.com/2020/01/10/how-rangers-are-responding-to-awkward-lias-andersson-freezeout/

• 2 weeks later...
What if he was traded, but failed the physical? Then he got pissy and left the team.

Serious question, is that possible?

Wouldn’t we have heard the trade was done pending a physical before the physical?

I can’t remember that happening in hockey.

But in other sports, baseball especially, it’s quite common to hear a trade reported with the footnote of “pending a physical.”