• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What are Jacob Trouba's Strong Defensive Attributes?

CBrowningPI

I don't know how anyone could make the argument that we didn't overpay when that contract was signed.

I don’t think anyone’s making that argument.

I believe the first thing I said in this thread was “if you look at it right now, sure, they overpaid”.

I don?t think anyone?s making that argument.

I believe the first thing I said in this thread was ?if you look at it right now, sure, they overpaid?.

I wasn?t criticizing your comment per se, and totally recognize that you understand that he is overpaid. I do get the general perception that other people in this thread are surprised that he is not playing the role of a number 1 defenseman.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

not impressed so far but willing to be patient. I do think the last couple of years on the deal can be a real problem. Hoping for the best.

Most games to me he's pretty invisible in that I don't notice him. That can be a really good thing I guess for a defensemen but probably not for one at that cost and term.

I am really liking his physical presence in the corners and his ability to move guys in front of the net. His game looks to be improving as of late.

I agree with this. He’s the most physical D man on the team and along with Lindgren, it’s nice to finally have a couple guys who aren’t afraid to bury people or clear the crease. Trouba has made some mistakes but I think it’s only fair to give him time to figure out his new assignment. Rangers are asking him to do more than the Jets ever did, and asking him to do it with a rookie beside him.

Trouba has made some mistakes but I think it?s only fair to give him time to figure out his new assignment. Rangers are asking him to do more than the Jets ever did, and asking him to do it with a rookie beside him.

Yes, I need to keep that in mind. He's only 25 yrs old and the only team he's known was the Jets organization ( team, coaches, city). Now he signs a big contract, moved his life, playing with new teammates, coaches, systems and on top of it he's considered a vet with a shitload more reponsiblities and playing time. His "prime" is probably in a year or two. I have the a typical impatience in my fandome. He was billed as "shoring up the defense" but that could certainly mean down the road a little. I just have to quiet that little voice that says " 8 MILLION DOLLARS " !!!

• 4 weeks later...