• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Strome

Albatrosss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strome is living up to his potential at the moment. Will it continue? Time will tell. I like the guy, he wants to be part of the core here and he is doing a helluva job staying relevant in that conversation. Hell, Chytil looks good too

We went from no 2c to two viable options.

Strome's a good player, in general. His shooting percentage is still high (low 20s last I checked), but he's also benefiting from simply playing with better players. My worry was, and still is, what that means for his long-term outlook. It's his next deal I fear more than the player he is right now.

Strome's a good player, in general. His shooting percentage is still high (low 20s last I checked), but he's also benefiting from simply playing with better players. My worry was, and still is, what that means for his long-term outlook. It's his next deal I fear more than the player he is right now.

they have the whole season to figure it out

Strome's shooting percentage seems to be slightly misleading after watching him play for almost a full season now. He certainly doesn't just chuck the puck on net. He doesn't accumulate a high-volume of shots (like Ovechkin) but he seems to pick and choose his spots. I think the way he plays, that % is sustainable. I get the concerns about him but ever since he's been a Ranger, I've been a big fan of his versatility and his overall game in general.

Strome's shooting percentage seems to be slightly misleading after watching him play for almost a full season now. He certainly doesn't just chuck the puck on net. He doesn't accumulate a high-volume of shots (like Ovechkin) but he seems to pick and choose his spots. I think the way he plays, that % is sustainable. I get the concerns about him but ever since he's been a Ranger, I've been a big fan of his versatility and his overall game in general.

In a sense, yeah. It's still inflated relative to NHL average, which is like what, 12 or 13%? But I agree he's found a way to sustain it regardless. My worry is what that means on his next deal.

Strome may seriously finding his ceiling at 26 and 7 seasons into his career and living up to the promise that made him a top-5 pick in 2011.

That’s become more common

Couturier and Schenn are good examples. Like Strome they broke in at 19-20, showed flashes but kind of middled along, struggled at times, but got to their mid-20’s, 6-8 seasons in, and blossomed. Zibanejad maybe falls into that group too, to some extent.

Let’s hope that’s the case with Strome.

In a sense, yeah. It's still inflated relative to NHL average, which is like what, 12 or 13%? But I agree he's found a way to sustain it regardless. My worry is what that means on his next deal.
I wouldn't be concerned about paying a player who's performing if the term works.

Anyone producing is someone you look at keeping at the right money and term. That's the rub. Give me those numbers. I'm more than good with this Strome at this price. I'm not sure the same will be true next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yea, everyone wants a P/G player at $3 million.

But at some point you have to chuck what he did other places and admit he's had success here.

I'm saying assess where he is end of this year and negotiate. There's no reality where we can keep saying he's "meh" because of NYI and EDM.

Yea, everyone wants a P/G player at $3 million.

Just productive, period. He's clearly not a point-per-game player (consistently), but he's highly productive. I'm good with that. It's the next contract I'm worried about.

But at some point you have to chuck what he did other places and admit he's had success here.

I ...am? Like, literally, right here in this thread.

I'm saying assess where he is end of this year and negotiate. There's no reality where we can keep saying he's "meh" because of NYI and EDM.

Sure, I'm good with that. But I still fear whatever that ask is. Like, that 5x5 figure we kicked around before is probably still accurate, no? I'm still not comfortable with it.

Just productive, period. He's clearly not a point-per-game player (consistently), but he's highly productive. I'm good with that. It's the next contract I'm worried about.

I ...am? Like, literally, right here in this thread.

Sure, I'm good with that. But I still fear whatever that ask is. Like, that 5x5 figure we kicked around before is probably still accurate, no? I'm still not comfortable with it.

That takes him to 32... he's not a grinder, his game is not predicated on speed or skill, he's just really smart, and makes really good choices. That doesn't stop at 29.

That takes him to 32... he's not a grinder, his game is not predicated on speed or skill, he's just really smart, and makes really good choices. That doesn't stop at 29.
I like Strome. I was impressed by his play last year after the trade, now I really like him after his performance with Breadman. I can see him staying with the team.

When Zib returns, Strome maybe stays with AP. However that would mean that Chytle would center 3rd with possibly Kakko on the wing. I'm interested to see how those two kids play together, maybe some success? But who would be the other wing? Lemiuex? Someone who can keep up, create space and protect is needed.

Time will tell as soon as Zib comes back I would be interested to see how DQ mixes it up again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I like Strome. I was impressed by his play last year after the trade, now I really like him after his performance with Breadman. I can see him staying with the team.

When Zib returns, Strome maybe stays with AP. However that would mean that Chytle would center 3rd with possibly Kakko on the wing. I'm interested to see how those two kids play together, maybe some success? But who would be the other wing? Lemiuex? Someone who can keep up, create space and protect is needed.

Time will tell as soon as Zib comes back I would be interested to see how DQ mixes it up again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Panarin Zib Strome

Kreider Chytil Kakko/Buch

Lemiuex Howden Buch/Kakko

McKegg Lias Fast

Panarin Zib Strome

Kreider Chytil Kakko/Buch

Lemiuex Howden Buch/Kakko

McKegg Lias Fast

Dont think they would do that top line based on a need to balance.

I see:

CK - MZ - PB/JF/KK

AP - RS - JF/PB/KK

BL/BH - PC - KK/JF

GM - LA - BS/JF

After DQ split up the Bromance of AP and MZ the lines started to show some more balance in scoring.

I still cannot believe LA is buried on the 4th without anyone to help. I can see that changing once the TDL approaches and the team makes some moves and possibly traded CK, BS, & anyone else who could bring back a decent return.

Also, I do believe that Kratzov will be coming back, he wasn't given a real shot to show what he could do and I can see his return right around the TDL when there will be some more open slots.

As much as I like DQ, I'm not thrilled about his line combinations and how he doesn't always put players in the position to really succeed and excel. There has to be some balance between the lines in order to allow the team to provide constant pressure, line to line.

Time will tell.