• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers v. Detroit Red Wings // Return of the Dead Man?

Phil

Who was the Player of the Game?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Artemi Panarin
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Ryan Strome
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKegg got whatever the player of the game hat is this year. How ironic I wonder if he had Lias hold his beer [emoji482]

Goal and assist for Panarin, Strome and DeAngelo, 2 assists for Buch. Hard to pick a player of the game. Lundqvist had a good game aswell.

Back again tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good effort tonight.

Hank looked pretty damn good after a few games off.

I like Strome with Panarin...

I still like Howden with Lemeiux and Kakko...Speaking of Kakko, he looks decent on the back check.

Brendan Smith had a pretty good game too...keep raising that street value, bubba!!!!

Good effort tonight.

Hank looked pretty damn good after a few games off.

I like Strome with Panarin...

I still like Howden with Lemeiux and Kakko...Speaking of Kakko, he looks decent on the back check.

Brendan Smith had a pretty good game too...keep raising that street value, bubba!!!!

I'd like Kakko to play with someone that can control the puck. Offensively, he's great away from the puck, gets open, gets in shooting position, pulls defenders away. I had him with Strome and Andersson in my projected lineup. They have similar work ethic and in-your-face games as Howden and Lemieux (to an extent) but with a bit more puck possession abilities that I think would complement Kakko even more.

I'd like Kakko to play with someone that can control the puck. Offensively, he's great away from the puck, gets open, gets in shooting position, pulls defenders away. I had him with Strome and Andersson in my projected lineup. They have similar work ethic and in-your-face games as Howden and Lemieux (to an extent) but with a bit more puck possession abilities that I think would complement Kakko even more.
I'm in total agreement with this. Plus Andersson has been much better on faceoffs (when not kick out) recently. Still not understanding Quinns view of Andersson. Howden did play with more physicality vs. DET (3 hits) compared to his usual goose egg but he also struggled on faceoffs again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I can see that, Josh man...I look at Kakko as a playmaker, and one of those guys that does control the puck. He's gotten seemingly more confidence the last 4 games and is decent along the boards. I'd like to see him with a big body in front, NOT KREIDER...and a digger/feisty player similar to Lemeiux...

I'm hoping Lemiux's game develops some more this year as well and he turns into that puck controlling type a little more, I think there a good formula there.

Strome is a good choice, but I don't know if his tenure is going to take him past March with the Rangers. For now it would work though.

I refreshed my memory on McIlraths size (6'5" 231lbs.) But I didn't realize Mantha is 6'5" 234 lbs., guys a monster too.
I like Mantha and Bertuzzi. They are some big kids with some skill.

Rangers could use a guy like that.....we got Kreider who just doesn't match up with his toughness.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't understand the logic behind this statement. Chytil played in Hartford his first year and didn't tear it up either, but yet he was sent back this year to work on things.

Andersson is better off in Hartford getting top minutes, working on his game and building confidence offensively, than getting 6-7 min of ES time with Haley and Smith.

I agree. I don't think his development is being served centering the 4th between two trees.

The words "Kreider" and "toughness" go together about as well as "Jumbo Shrimp"! :rofl:

Nah...dude's tough. You're just looking for a 1980's era toughness that doesn't really play in the league anymore. Kreider is tough in the corners and also goes to the dirty spots on the ice fearlessly. He wins more puck battles than he loses.

Nah...dude's tough. You're just looking for a 1980's era toughness that doesn't really play in the league anymore. Kreider is tough in the corners and also goes to the dirty spots on the ice fearlessly. He wins more puck battles than he loses.

True....

I want a Bob Probert, a Cam Neely, an Adam Graves!!! ;)

Just wish Kreider brought it every game...he doesn't. I never remember Graves ever giving a half ass effort like Kreider does all too often. We could get a lot for Kreider at the deadline if he'd get his shit together. He couldn't even shoot at the empty net last night...I giggled...I confess!! :rofl:

True....

I want a Bob Probert, a Cam Neely, an Adam Graves!!! ;)

Just wish Kreider brought it every game...he doesn't. I never remember Graves ever giving a half ass effort like Kreider does all too often. We could get a lot for Kreider at the deadline if he'd get his shit together. He couldn't even shoot at the empty net last night...I giggled...I confess!! :rofl:

This is very true. I wish he didn't disappear too.