• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers v. Detroit Red Wings // Return of the Dead Man?

Phil

Who was the Player of the Game?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Artemi Panarin
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Ryan Strome
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So going to Hartford to be 3C or 4C rather than being scratched one game helps him? I don't really agree.

I’m not suggesting they send him down tomorrow. Should have clarified that.

As of now it’s one game. If it becomes more than that, or he’s bouncing in and out of the lineup, then maybe it’s a problem.

I wasn’t suggesting he play 3C or 4C type minutes in Hartford. He needs to play minutes though. No reason that if he goes down there and plays a lot that he can’t come back up and play fewer minutes in a lesser role.

Again, I totally get your point, but if he can’t stay in the lineup, or isn’t able to get more minutes, doesn’t that maybe indicate that the A might be where he belongs? Not necessarily right now, and not long-term. He’s essentially playing with 2 AHL’ers now.

Unless you’re writing him off, which I don’t think you are.

Can’t deny that he needs to play as much as possible

Chytil went there to learn how to be a top line player.

Lias isn't going to be that here. He doesn't need to go to the AHL to learn to a be a bottom 6 player. He can just do that here.

I don't agree with your premise because it is too early to write Andersson off as a guy who tops out as a bottom 6 guy. We have not seen him enough, and when we have, it has not been in a position to succeed.

Defensively Skjei/DeAngelo has to be one of the worst second pairings in the league.

We poormouth this NYR defense corps alot. But Dylan McIlrath is given a Red Wings sweater tonight and most every night. Might be generally there are not a lot of good ones to go around and teams are simply doing their best to cover that up.

We poormouth this NYR defense corps alot. But Dylan McIlrath is given a Red Wings sweater tonight and most every night. Might be generally there are not a lot of good ones to go around and teams are simply doing their best to cover that up.
What? This is his first game of the season and 8th of his Red Wing career. It's his 50th NHL game.

no he's been buried in the AHL he just got called up for this game. He's played about a dozen NHL games over the last 4-5 years,