• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How Former Rangers are Doing

Sod16

Great thread. Canucks have to be happy Miller is clicking with them.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Especially after how much of a beating Vancouver took for trading a 1st and giving Tampa the cap relief they desperately needed. When that became the whole narrative the hockey media pushed regarding that trade, they all lost sight of Miller still being a pretty good player who can play top 6 minutes. And his contract is actually a pretty fair price market-wise

Glad it’s working for him and them right now.

Especially after how much of a beating Vancouver took for trading a 1st and giving Tampa the cap relief they desperately needed. When that became the whole narrative the hockey media pushed regarding that trade, they all lost sight of Miller still being a pretty good player who can play top 6 minutes. And his contract is actually a pretty fair price market-wise

Glad it?s working for him and them right now.

For some reason some people here hate Miller for being exactly what everyone thought he'd be out of the draft.

The same people also love Kreider, despite having physically superior tools and "talent"... And not quite ever living up to it.

For some reason some people here hate Miller for being exactly what everyone thought he'd be out of the draft.

The same people also love Kreider, despite having physically superior tools and "talent"... And not quite ever living up to it.

Yeah and it’s not just here. I’ve never been able to wrap my head around why.

He’s exactly what he was projected to be in terms of type of player and his level of production. He gives good value based on where he was drafted. And his contract and cap hit are pretty much exactly what they should be.

5 years at 5.25 per are very fair for a guy who gives 20-25 goals and 50-60 points and can play C or either W if needed

Only knock on him is that I always thought he might give more defensively and doesn’t kill penalties. But his two-way game doesn’t kill you. Never thought he was too bad without the puck. Certainly not great, but passable.

He may actually have taken another step. He’s playing with some very good players now and doing so full-time. Still only 26

HA! I thought by reading the original thread title that this was going to be about where some of the NYR retirees are now in life. You know, car salesman, insurance guys, etc. I guess those post-career jobs are not really needed today given the real salaries NHL'ers earn. Of course, the guys retiring 15-20+ years ago might tell a different story.

For the past 40 years, Rod Gilbert's job description has been "Being Rod Gilbert" Good work if you can get it.

I'm snarky about everything, but even I won't make a comment on Mark Pavelich's current occupation (or address). Tragic.

D. Bradford Park leads a private life with his wife of 50 years at his secluded former summer home in Maine.

I envy the occupations of Ryan Callaghan and Marion Gaboric. I too would like to collect checks on Ottawa's Long Term Injured list.