• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnston: Rangers Have Shown "Persistent Interest" on Puljuj?rvi

Morphinity 2.0

Link:

During the hot stove segment on HNIC, Chris Johnston mentioned the Oilers are going to be deciding soon what to do with Jesse Puljuj?rvi and that the Rangers are one of the teams that have shown interest. That was the only team he has mentioned by name.

Thoughts on adding Puljuj?rvi?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. Why. This organization isn?t good in development.

His issue has been adjust to strict nhl coaching styles. This is the wrong environment

This organization from a development standpoint is very different than it was, but that aside: he?s a guy who needed to get healthy more than anything. He needed surgery on both hips, and the team told him nah, you just suck. I would absolutely take a shot at adding that kind of talent. I don?t know where or why you come to the conclusion that he has an issue with NHL coaching styles, but I would strongly disagree with this being a major concern.

This organization from a development standpoint is very different than it was, but that aside: he’s a guy who needed to get healthy more than anything. He needed surgery on both hips, and the team told him nah, you just suck. I would absolutely take a shot at adding that kind of talent. I don’t know where or why you come to the conclusion that he has an issue with NHL coaching styles, but I would strongly disagree with this being a major concern.

from ... Watching him.

He's doing great this season.

from ... Watching him.

He's doing great this season.

I just don?t get how you can have that take when you look at the circumstances of the teams he was playing with and the injury issues he was going through.

I?m not saying I watched a ton of Edmonton games by any means, but this is not something that has been reported that I?ve seen anywhere, and again... hard to judge when you factor in everything else surrounding him and that team generally speaking.

I don't think they need to. Not that they'd get a first, but its not going to be a Staal, straight up. You're still talking a Kreider, Deangelo, Fast calibre going back

These players are of vastly different calibers but I think you're right. Kreider for JP and a pick.

But... You've watched Krav... And your points are opposed...

I haven't watched Kravtsov in the NHL.

And if I did, I'd fear Quinn would turn him into Pools.

If Quinn learns how to use and roster talent, sure!

I don't have issues with the player. I just don't see him being successful in this situation.

I haven't watched Kravtsov in the NHL.

And if I did, I'd fear Quinn would turn him into Pools.

If Quinn learns how to use and roster talent, sure!

I don't have issues with the player. I just don't see him being successful in this situation.

Where does this notion that Quinn turns players into shit come from?

JP at 17/18 years old on Karpat in SM-liiga: 13 g 15 a 28 p in 50 games

JP at 21 years old on the same team: 11 g 9 a 20 p in 18 games

I'm not sure why he wasn't producing in the NHL since I haven't watched him play that much, but it seems clear that he has progressed as a player in the last few years to be dominating the Finnish league now. I'd love to take a raincheck on him. Really just depends on cost.

JP at 17/18 years old on Karpat in SM-liiga: 13 g 15 a 28 p in 50 games

JP at 21 years old on the same team: 11 g 9 a 20 p in 18 games

I'm not sure why he wasn't producing in the NHL since I haven't watched him play that much, but it seems clear that he has progressed as a player in the last few years to be dominating the Finnish league now. I'd love to take a raincheck on him. Really just depends on cost.

He's the stereotypical skilled euro forward a coach tries to change into a Canadian power forward with Bergeron-like defense.

Kid was over thinking everything in the bbl. Couldn't play his game.

At the same time Hall sucked on the oilers team but then became league MVP with the devils. My point is that the oilers were a shit show

Puljujarvi needs to be with skilled players. His biggest complaint in Edmonton was not being put in the top 6.

That's the same issue he will face in NY.