• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox

Fatfrancesa

Also is it true the fox trade has a condition on his games played this year? Making the third a second? If so why in fuck is he here? He’s certainly not good enough to warrant giving up a very early second round pick in a loaded draft. I mean that’s the return we likely get for kreider. Why not limit his games played to not meet that condition?

Mod Note: I've moved the discussion of Adam Fox over into a thread of its own. Please continue any discussion of Fox here and not in the Kravtsov thread. Thank you, Drew.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That?s fine too. My only problem is that kakko himself is sounding beyond frustrated about everything. His play, his role, his success/failure. So while it?s great for us to say give him time to figure it out, kakko himself isn?t patient with it. End of the day he needs to play and find success to develop. As of now success he?s finding none in the nhl. That is not really surprising. He?s 18. The nhl is hard. Waiting to send him to Hartford is only going to make it worse on him if it?s further into the season. My take send him now, let him play in The Wjc, then if all goes right bring him back in January. At that point he should be in a better place with his game and confidence.

Also is it true the fox trade has a condition on his games played this year? Making the third a second? If so why in fuck is he here? He?s certainly not good enough to warrant giving up a very early second round pick in a loaded draft. I mean that?s the return we likely get for kreider. Why not limit his games played to not meet that condition?

Because he?s good enough to be here, we have the spot, and he?s not going to get anything from playing in Hartford? He?s earned a spot here, not giving it to him would be detrimental in so many ways. This is a short sighted thought process.

Also is it true the fox trade has a condition on his games played this year? Making the third a second? If so why in fuck is he here? He?s certainly not good enough to warrant giving up a very early second round pick in a loaded draft. I mean that?s the return we likely get for kreider. Why not limit his games played to not meet that condition?

Wait? What?

Fox isn?t worth a 2nd??

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you are going to argue that Fox shouldn?t be playing right now it better be a damned good case. This draft is top end heavy. Having a 3rd turn into a second won?t affect anything in terms of getting an impact player right now.

Fox is clearly an NHL player. I don?t know that there?s anything else to discuss beyond that.

If you are going to argue that Fox shouldn?t be playing right now it better be a damned good case. This draft is top end heavy. Having a 3rd turn into a second won?t affect anything in terms of getting an impact player right now.

Fox is clearly an NHL player. I don?t know that there?s anything else to discuss beyond that.

By the numbers and by the eyeball test he's been the Rangers best defenseman.

Not saying that? Asking a question. How many games is the threshold? If the season is a loss it?s something to think about. I?m not saying burry him down there. It depends on the threshold

This is cutting off your nose to spite your face. His game and it?s growth shouldn?t be stifled because we might have to turn a 3rd into a second. Ideally you?re trading Kreider and getting those assets back anyway.

This is cutting off your nose to spite your face. His game and it’s growth shouldn’t be stifled because we might have to turn a 3rd into a second. Ideally you’re trading Kreider and getting those assets back anyway.

If Zib is out for awhile, Kreider and Strome are moved, and we're real bad...I suggest shielding the kids from the abuse. That would be my only reason to send him down.

If Zib is out for awhile, Kreider and Strome are moved, and we're real bad...I suggest shielding the kids from the abuse. That would be my only reason to send him down.

And that is more the reason I brought it up. We were talking hypothetically if the season went south. The 3rd becoming a 2 isn’t the end of the world. It neither would be fox playing 30-40 games here and the rest in Hartford getting 20 plus minutes a night and winning. Not a hill I’m willing to really argue either way just a thought really.

And that is more the reason I brought it up. We were talking hypothetically if the season went south. The 3rd becoming a 2 isn?t the end of the world. It neither would be fox playing 30-40 games here and the rest in Hartford getting 20 plus minutes a night and winning. Not a hill I?m willing to really argue either way just a thought really.
I guess, but I never said anything about him not being good enough or worth a 2nd.

A 2nd looks like a steal right now.

I'm not following what Kreider's eventual return in a trade has to do with Fox. Fox was a high end, almost can't miss RHD prospect. Those are worth far more than what we paid (will be 2 2nds). My only gripe at the time was the Canes didn't have any leverage other than telling Fox to suck it for a year, but whatever. Seeing him play now, IDGAF.

If Fox didn't have the leverage to force a trade, he probably would have cost a lot more than whatever Kreider would/will return, and he probably would have never been traded by the Flames and then the Canes in the first place.

Fox is getting plenty of minutes now and using them well. There's absolutely no reason to even think he'd benefit by spending any time in Hartford.

why do people automatically bring up Hartford when talking about a young player? not every player needs to be "playing more minutes" in Hartford. Fox certainly doesn't

Sending Fox down would be utterly ridiculous for a multitude of reasons.

He’s been the 3rd best Ranger so far, the optics would be awful.

More importantly, he’s playing meaningful minutes, is thriving and the experience he’s gaining is worth far more than that pick being a round earlier.

It’s just a complete non starter in my book unless his form drops off a fucking cliff.