• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of two positions, QB and Kicker, there's nothing technical about football. It's a purely athletic endeavor.

In football, a certain size, strength and speed translates to the NFL. These guys are super human athletes.

With hockey there are too many variables at 17

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Fox belongs

There will surely be some bumps in the road and peaks and valleys, but he?s an NHL defenseman right now.

I could see Fox being an key part of this team for years to come. He may end up being a player who we could count on like we did with Leetch and Zubov. We haven't had that key OD Man since we lost those two. The team has spent many years trying to fill that void. Does Del Zotto ring any bells? Redden? Shattenkirk? We have been looking for a Leetch/Zubov type player for years.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

I will say the one con I have seen with Fox is if he takes the body he can get knocked off the puck very easily. But what he's so good at is avoiding contact and/or making crisp passes prior to contact, so it's almost irrelevant.
As he ages he should get stronger on the Puck as he builds upper body strength.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

I could see Fox being an key part of this team for years to come. He may end up being a player who we could count on like we did with Leetch and Zubov. We haven't had that key OD Man since we lost those two. The team has spent many years trying to fill that void. Does Del Zotto ring any bells? Redden? Shattenkirk? We have been looking for a Leetch/Zubov type player for years.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Fair enough. Could very well be that player, he’s just not that player yet.

• 2 weeks later...
2 g 4 a 6 points in last 5 games. Slow start offensively but he was playing really well. Felt like it was a matter of time before the points started showing up. Trying hard not to jump the gun here, but he looks like he has very strong potential to be a bonafide 1D. He is already very polished, and the game seems so slow for him. To me that's been apparent since basically day 1.

2 g 4 a 6 points in last 5 games. Slow start offensively but he was playing really well. Felt like it was a matter of time before the points started showing up. Trying hard not to jump the gun here, but he looks like he has very strong potential to be a bonafide 1D. He is already very polished, and the game seems so slow for him. To me that's been apparent since basically day 1.

He's in the mold of the "new" 1D - the puck possession monster who threatens in about five different ways at once.

Agreed. And he will only get better (or so we hope)