• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chris Kreider "Screams" St. Louis Blues "if they want to add,"

Phil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreider makes a ton of sense for the Blues beyond just the fact they need a scoring LWer with Tarasenko down for (basically) the year. He'd fit their coach and system to a tee given his own playing style. The question isn't "does he make sense for the Blues," nearly as much as it is "do the Blues have what it takes to sway Gorton to agree?"

Getting the 26-31st overall pick isn't going to be enough, I'd imagine. The conversation will probably gravitate heavily around names like Kyrou, Kostin, and/or Bokk.

At the deadline, he probably brings a 1st only if it’s just Kreider and nothing else going the other way.

But now, 10 games into season, especially if he’s packaged with another piece of mid-range value, then they should look for more than a 1st.

Colorado now too as I’ve stated before

Landeskog out indefinitely along with Rantanen out week to week.

bidding war for Kreider will only benefit us. lets hope it happens

You have to think with Colorado and St. Louis being in the same division, both teams would be bidding not just to acquire Kreider, but also to keep him away from the other. It's a potentially huge swing in what figures to be a tight division at the top with both of those teams very much in the mix.

You have to think with Colorado and St. Louis being in the same division, both teams would be bidding not just to acquire Kreider, but also to keep him away from the other. It's a potentially huge swing in what figures to be a tight division at the top with both of those teams very much in the mix.

Only helps

Wonder if they are already getting calls on him?

Anyone think this could be going down quickly?

Only helps

Wonder if they are already getting calls on him?

Anyone think this could be going down quickly?

Not sure the Rangers would be willing to deal Kreider at this stage of the season, but perhaps if the offer was good enough they would. As much as this board had a hair on fire moment after the Boston game, the Rangers are just under .500 after a pretty tough stretch following the long break. I'm guessing they want to at least wait and see how everything is going over the next 2-3 months. Trading Kreider now would basically be sending a message to the players almost to not even bother trying to be a playoff team.

You’d better bring a gun if you want that deal!

I mean, probably, but there's merit to the idea of them moving Parayko given the apparent desire to retain Pietrangelo and considering they just locked up Faulk long-term. Parayko is locked down a few more years, but he's gonna have an awful time trying to get any PP time there, and long-term — like the Trouba situation in Winnipeg early on — it's going to be a struggle to get a ton of ice time simply due to the depth in front of him.

They're not pushing him out the door by any means, but I wonder if a Kreider + extension + pick for Parayko deal isn't mutually beneficial?

Well sure, but I'd imagine Kreider will be traded for a lesser player and a pick. That's not something I'm interested in right now.

If that deal — Kreider for Parayko — were honestly on the table today, I'd take it so fast, it may as well have been agreed to yesterday.

I mean, probably, but there's merit to the idea of them moving Parayko given the apparent desire to retain Pietrangelo and considering they just locked up Faulk long-term. Parayko is locked down a few more years, but he's gonna have an awful time trying to get any PP time there, and long-term — like the Trouba situation in Winnipeg early on — it's going to be a struggle to get a ton of ice time simply due to the depth in front of him.

They're not pushing him out the door by any means, but I wonder if a Kreider + extension + pick for Parayko deal isn't mutually beneficial?

If that deal — Kreider for Parayko — were honestly on the table today, I'd take it so fast, it may as well have been agreed to yesterday.

With Fox and Trouba, why do we need Parayko?

Would rather get a young, cost controlled FWD.

With Fox and Trouba, why do we need Parayko?

Would rather get a young, cost controlled FWD.

A RH D isn’t a need. Plenty of other pieces they’d be looking for to be sure.

But if Parayko became available in such a hypothetical deal, you find a spot for him. He might be the best true shut-down D in the world right now. And if not, he’s in the conversation.