• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chris Kreider "Screams" St. Louis Blues "if they want to add,"

Phil

A RH D isn?t a need. Plenty of other pieces they?d be looking for to be sure.

But if Parayko became available in such a hypothetical deal, you find a spot for him. He might be the best true shut-down D in the world right now. And if not, he?s in the conversation.

I don't agree unless you can somehow move Trouba. Too much money on D otherwise.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree unless you can somehow move Trouba. Too much money on D otherwise.

If they’re extending him, yes. I’d agree with that. Can’t make that expenditure

But if they aren’t extending him, he’s only 5.5 million per and just 2 more seasons after this one. That’s affordable for a player like him

i’m having zuccarello flashbacks. float a rumor, see what offers start coming at deadline. of course zucc didn’t exactly love having his name floated and waiting and not knowing whether staying or going. part of being a pro, how you react

Trading him for 2 years of Colton would be total asset mismanagement unless you then flipped UFA to be Colton...doesn't seem to make sense.

Get there first round pick, it's just as likely to be a high one. They're not exactly lighting the world on fire.

If they?re extending him, yes. I?d agree with that. Can?t make that expenditure

But if they aren?t extending him, he?s only 5.5 million per and just 2 more seasons after this one. That?s affordable for a player like him

Trading him for 2 years of Colton would be total asset mismanagement unless you then flipped UFA to be Colton...doesn't seem to make sense.

Get there first round pick, it's just as likely to be a high one. They're not exactly lighting the world on fire.

Oh I get it dude. Given their situation, you want to parlay Kreider into the young asset that you can control for 7 years. That’s not lost on me

But It’s a hypothetical that’s NEVER going to happen, so I’m just having fun with it

But I’d still seriously entertain 8 months of Kreider for 2 years and 8 months of Parayko.

The likelihood of any one that they’d pick with the Blues 1st being near as good as Parayko is almost zero.

If parayko was on the table I would imagine there would be an actual bidding war and it wouldn?t be a soon to be ufa kreider as the winning bid, unless our first was involved.

This is true. We?d also have a few RHD that are good, so maybe one of them goes back the other way.

I'm all for trading Kreider as well, but I can't help but think his stock can ONLY go up from here. Let's face it, he's been fucking terrible this season. He's had one decent game (Tampa) and we can only benefit from a bidding war between teams who need/want him. There's no rush to trade him, and even though you guys know I can't even stand to watch his game, I think we'd be better off letting his value increase while playing games for us.

Come the deadline, I'm gonna say we get more than we would have if we dealt him now.

I'd rather get a SOLID 2nd line center that's under a low value contract though, or mid first rounder in this upcoming draft.

With Fox and Trouba, why do we need Parayko?

Would rather get a young, cost controlled FWD.

That's fair. I just love Parayko. I agree it wouldn't be ideal now that Trouba is here and given the tremendous strides Fox has made thus far.

I low-key hope they expose Skjei and let Seattle take him.

I think this will happen. I actually think Skjei may be traded outright to make room for Miller. The Skjei experiment has failed in my book. Worth a shot at the time but unfortunately he's just not that good.

I low-key hope they expose Skjei and let Seattle take him.

He's actually gotten worse over the last season....I wanna see what he's playing like come the deadline.

I think this will happen. I actually think Skjei may be traded outright to make room for Miller. The Skjei experiment has failed in my book. Worth a shot at the time but unfortunately he's just not that good.

I don't know if he's worth that contract to other teams...Hopefully there's a sucker out there someplace....or maybe he can start playing hockey to somewhere near his expectation level???

I pulled out the keys for the expansion draft in '21-'22 for Seattle: just for shits and giggles....

Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season and those with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100 percent of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap. Seattle cannot buy out players chosen in the Expansion Draft earlier than the summer following its first season.

Current NHL teams can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie, or eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goalie, under the following conditions.

* All players with no movement clauses at the time of the draft, and who decline to waive those clauses, must be protected and will be counted toward their team's applicable protection limits.

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

He's actually gotten worse over the last season....I wanna see what he's playing like come the deadline.

I don't know if he's worth that contract to other teams...Hopefully there's a sucker out there someplace....or maybe he can start playing hockey to somewhere near his expectation level???

He'd be worth it to a desperate team. His contract is decent if you believe you can get more out of him. I don't think he'll ever be that player, but maybe someone else disagrees. He's good enough to play somewhere, but he's likely a 3rd pair defender here, possibly as soon as next season.

He'd be worth it to a desperate team. His contract is decent if you believe you can get more out of him. I don't think he'll ever be that player, but maybe someone else disagrees. He's good enough to play somewhere, but he's likely a 3rd pair defender here, possibly as soon as next season.

I hear ya loud and clear, 3-1....I'm kinda torn with this kid though, because:

1) If he starts getting his shit together, I'm not gonna wanna see him get dealt...simply because I'll be thinking he's young, and he's finally "found it"....and why trade him when he's "arrived"??

2) If he continues to shit the bed, we're never going to get anything of value for him...simply just unloading the contract, getting shit in return....no one wins in that case!

Gotta see more this year with him. I watch his game every night and I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck he's attempting to do back there....because it's not "Defense" as I see it!! :rofl:

Kreider is listed as #1 on the TSN trade bait board.

Jesse Puljujarvi is at #7. I don't know what's going on with him in the AHL but he's got 4 points in 4 games. Is there any world in which the Rangers and Oilers swap players and picks?

Puljujarvi is in SM-liiga this year, where he has 11 goals and 18 points in 17 games.

Across the river, the Rangers are still feeling the pains of their rebuild. It might not be all that premature to fire up the Chris Kreider chatter. Could Kreider?s speed, skill and contract help a team like the St. Louis Blues on the wing with Vladimir Tarasenko out for five months?

https://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-toronto-maple-leafs-facing-deadline-with-zach-hyman-nearing-return-1.1390355

That's one ugly ass list of players.

I know we shit on the intangibles argument a lot, but Kreider really is bringing that element. I don't think we should discount that as something the Rangers want to keep around for a while, even if it's in a losing effort.