• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#10) Rangers v. Tampa Bay Lightning // Danny G Lovefest

Morphinity 2.0

Who was the Player of the Game?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Filip Chytil
    • Ryan Lindgren
    • Alexandar Georgiev
    • Adam Fox
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya Pete...and there's a sentimental part of me that feels that way as well. Thing is that when Staal came up, guys like Kasperaitis, Ozolinsh, and even Rosival and Poti had to move over to make room for this big strapping defenseman who showed all that promise. I see it as part of the game, and the business.

Should I feel good or relish it? Yeah, I see your point. I think it's more excitement about seeing what the future holds for this team and these kids, when they play well are very fun to watch. It must have been a rough conversation for Quinn to go to Staal with that and tell him too. I don't admire that task for the coach.

Last night I was absolutely glued to the screen. But I think it's time for guys like Staal and Hank, who have had great runs with us, to at least consider being dealt to a contender at the deadline to make way for these kids, the way guys before them did. I just think players have a hard time dealing with the fact that they're on the back nine, and their skill are waning ....sometimes badly.

But no sweat dude, I appreciate the insight...no offense taken...ever! ;)

Hear ya.

Definitely part of the business, but I don't have to like it! Haha.

good win and finally nice to see Quinn put his money where his mouth is in regards to accountability.

Love what Staal is/was but its just the reality of the sport. i'd play him 1 out of every 4-5 at this point.

Young man's game now. just so much bloody speed, it's even hard to keep up with the puck on the big HD flat screens.

No offense, I just find it really sad that people find joy in a player like Staal getting benched.

I'm not saying he should play. He's better suited as a 7th these days (and an expensive one), I get it.

I find it rather sad and the end of an era of players that brought this team back from an utter embarrassment.

I'm not trying to tell anyone else how to feel or support the team, but when I reflect on the reactions of some folks ... "Take a seat" is not the words I'd use for a class act like Staal. Just feels wrong.

Not trying to call you out, Ozzy. Just using your post as an example.

Staal has been a steady solid defenseman here for a very long time. But he really has not been anything more than a 3rd pair D since the concussion hit by his own brother. Wish him no ill, quite the contrary.Always appears to be a good guy. With all the young D here now, this was a matter of time. Cannot see them taking anyone out of the lineup barring injury.

Plus Kreider completely ignored Girardi's wife. Just gave her the flowers and cold shouldered her.

was he supposed to give her a big hug complete with and a double handed ass grab?

Honestly, I'd have enjoyed watching the aftermath of that..

• Like 1

The concussion obviously hurt him big time, let's also not forget that eye injury he sustained also. An injury in which he was lucky he came away with his eye, or else it was career over.

He's blocked more shots than I can count.. He's game, its all city miles- potholes, abrupt starts and stops, a few fender benders. Having G there last night for his night, and having Staal in the press box seemed strangely apropos.. Two dudes who took both took a beating, and had more desire than they did tread left on the tires as their respective careers wound down.

He's blocked more shots than I can count.. He's game, its all city miles- potholes, abrupt starts and stops, a few fender benders. Having G there last night for his night, and having Staal in the press box seemed strangely apropos.. Two dudes who took both took a beating, and had more desire than they did tread left on the tires as their respective careers wound down.

Yeah, I mean I like Lindgren and it's nice to have him up here, but scratching Staal for that seemed kind of bush to me. Again, it's merely a novelty thing.

Man...I saw the complete opposite. He was a disaster almost the entirety of the game. The best thing I can say is maybe once or twice he joined the rush and got a shot on net. He should be sent to the press box next game.

And I thought Fox was our best defenseman tonight by a good margin, even before the goal. Trouba/Lindgren/Hajek were solid. DeAngelo quiet, but not bad. Skjei was the only one that stood out like a sore thumb.

Same, Skjei wasn't very good and continues to underwhelm imo. I wouldn't blink an eye if they moved him as this roster evolves over the next 1-2 years.

Same, Skjei wasn't very good and continues to underwhelm imo. I wouldn't blink an eye if they moved him as this roster evolves over the next 1-2 years.

Skjei has been atrocious. No way around it. Anyone who says otherwise is whistling past the graveyard.

I’d settle for him being invisible right now and call it a vast improvement. His instincts and positioning are just awful.

I bet as an amateur and through that rookie season he was able to compensate for those shortcomings with his skating. But no more. He has not improved. The scouting report has been established. Everyone knows. He’s become oh so easy to pressure, isolate, expose and exploit in terms of those weaknesses.

It hurts a little less in that he’s paid below top-tier money for his position. But he’s basically become a bottom pairing player (on a non-playoff team) who needs sheltering and a strong partner to make me feel anywhere near safe if he’s on the ice.