• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#10) Rangers v. Tampa Bay Lightning // Danny G Lovefest

Morphinity 2.0

Who was the Player of the Game?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Filip Chytil
    • Ryan Lindgren
    • Alexandar Georgiev
    • Adam Fox
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big output tonight from Kreider, Chytil, Skjei, Hajek and DeAngelo. Buch looked alive as did Smith. Obviously Panarin carries play.

I think the Staal benching woke Skjei up. He was all over the ice and skating the puck in quite effectively. I think once Trouba get 15 games under his belt here, he's going to impress a lot of people. Definitely not getting the best out of him.

I know he scored and all, but I'm not as super high on Fox as others. He's definitely still learning and all, but I'm kinda mehh on him. I definitely prefer DeAngelo over him.

Hajek was shooting a hell of a lot. Something I like seeing from the dmen.

Watching Kreider interact with Quinn on the bench, just shows how much of a leadership role he has taken on. He was prettttyyyy good tonight. Got some sweet chances that he should have buried, but it's good to see him carrying play and dictating flow against a pretty good team. Dudes about to be where we expect him to be.

Chytil was just a refreshing story. Kid came back in and played a solid game. Kids a horse. Hope other kids learn from his example. Didn't make the team, busted ass and is right there in the mix where he was expected to be.

Geiorgiev was nice and calm, making it look easy.

Really hoping Smith is playing his way into other teams consideration. He's been pretty good and tonight was a good showing. If the Rangers didn't have better options on D I'd be fine with keeping him around in this expanded utility role. But he's gotta be in the 4th line. The message has been received. Time to up the role of Andersson or Lemieux.

Good showing tonight

Big output tonight from Kreider, Chytil, Skjei, Hajek and DeAngelo. Buch looked alive as did Smith. Obviously Panarin carries play.

I think the Staal benching woke Skjei up. He was all over the ice and skating the puck in quite effectively. I think once Trouba get 15 games under his belt here, he's going to impress a lot of people. Definitely not getting the best out of him.

I know he scored and all, but I'm not as super high on Fox as others. He's definitely still learning and all, but I'm kinda mehh on him. I definitely prefer DeAngelo over him.

Hajek was shooting a hell of a lot. Something I like seeing from the dmen.

Watching Kreider interact with Quinn on the bench, just shows how much of a leadership role he has taken on. He was prettttyyyy good tonight. Got some sweet chances that he should have buried, but it's good to see him carrying play and dictating flow against a pretty good team. Dudes about to be where we expect him to be.

Chytil was just a refreshing story. Kid came back in and played a solid game. Kids a horse. Hope other kids learn from his example. Didn't make the team, busted ass and is right there in the mix where he was expected to be.

Geiorgiev was nice and calm, making it look easy.

Really hoping Smith is playing his way into other teams consideration. He's been pretty good and tonight was a good showing. If the Rangers didn't have better options on D I'd be fine with keeping him around in this expanded utility role. But he's gotta be in the 4th line. The message has been received. Time to up the role of Andersson or Lemieux.

Good showing tonight

Man...I saw the complete opposite. He was a disaster almost the entirety of the game. The best thing I can say is maybe once or twice he joined the rush and got a shot on net. He should be sent to the press box next game.

And I thought Fox was our best defenseman tonight by a good margin, even before the goal. Trouba/Lindgren/Hajek were solid. DeAngelo quiet, but not bad. Skjei was the only one that stood out like a sore thumb.

NBC cut off before 3 stars announced. Who were they?

Such a nice game to watch that I wasn't even irritated by Pierre.

Georgie is an NHL No. 1 goalie, hands down. His development since this time last year is marked. We are going to have two big decisions (Georgie or Sheshty and buy out Hank?). Hank's getting crotchety in his old age.

Great game for Kreider.

There needs to be a sit down with Staal to explain his role. He should be playing 60 games this year by design. Last year he was very good during the first half but dogging it at the end, and that can only be expected to be more pronounced this year. When Staal does something good these days, its by using his savy to compensate for his physical limitations. That won't keep him afloat indefinitely.

Man...I saw the complete opposite. He was a disaster almost the entirety of the game. The best thing I can say is maybe once or twice he joined the rush and got a shot on net. He should be sent to the press box next game.

And I thought Fox was our best defenseman tonight by a good margin, even before the goal. Trouba/Lindgren/Hajek were solid. DeAngelo quiet, but not bad. Skjei was the only one that stood out like a sore thumb.

Fox is also a way more complete defensman than ADA, who's an utter disaster without the puck and in his own end.

The eyeball test and numbers support, as well.

With Shesterkin down in the AHL, I think he comes up next year to do split-ish duties with Hank. Georgiev is a guy who could wind up being an Expansion Draft casualty.

We're set at goalie for a while, at least. Both Georgiev and Shesterkin look like they're going to be players in this league.

I also don't know if either ends up being a numbers casualty or a trade victim. I think the days of the workhorse goalie are numbered, and more and more teams will want two quality keepers for something closer to a 60/40 split between starts. I bet we keep both and expose Adam Huska or something.

I couldn't wait to read the posts today!!

Fuck yeah!! That's the kinda effort I wanna see out of these guys!!!

Have a seat Staal!! Nice!! Ballsy move by Quinn, and it works to perfection!

Even Kreider was all over the place! I actually liked his game last night!! He still can't hit the net with a handful of BB's, but his effort was duly noted!!

Georgie was great - I voted him POG

I Love Lindgren/Fox...period

Lias tossed 2 times out of 5 faceoffs...I had 2 blasts of Jager to salute him!

...Kakko scores/I peed a little....I like him with Lemieux! I hope they keep that in tact.

Oh yeah, and Chytil proves me right, and scores one!!! (I called 2, but I'm a couple of bricks short of a wall to begin with! :rofl:)

Skjei is going to be a good player for Seattle...I think it's time for Brady to have a seat next to Staal....for a WHILE!

• Like 1

We're set at goalie for a while, at least. Both Georgiev and Shesterkin look like they're going to be players in this league.

I also don't know if either ends up being a numbers casualty or a trade victim. I think the days of the workhorse goalie are numbered, and more and more teams will want two quality keepers for something closer to a 60/40 split between starts. I bet we keep both and expose Adam Huska or something.

I would rather have it that way. I just wasn't sure what Huska's situation was, if he qualified for it or whatever. I don't remember all the intricacies of how the Expansion Draft works regarding who qualifies as needing to be protected.

I couldn't wait to read the posts today!!

Fuck yeah!! That's the kinda effort I wanna see out of these guys!!!

Have a seat Staal!! Nice!! Ballsy move by Quinn, and it works to perfection!

Even Kreider was all over the place! I actually liked his game last night!! He still can't hit the net with a handful of BB's, but his effort was duly noted!!

Georgie was great - I voted him POG

I Love Lindgren/Fox...period

Lias tossed 2 times out of 5 faceoffs...I had 2 blasts of Jager to salute him!

...Kakko scores/I peed a little....I like him with Lemieux! I hope they keep that in tact.

Skjei is going to be a good player for Seattle...I think it's time for Brady to have a seat next to Staal....for a WHILE!

No offense, I just find it really sad that people find joy in a player like Staal getting benched.

I'm not saying he should play. He's better suited as a 7th these days (and an expensive one), I get it.

I find it rather sad and the end of an era of players that brought this team back from an utter embarrassment.

I'm not trying to tell anyone else how to feel or support the team, but when I reflect on the reactions of some folks ... "Take a seat" is not the words I'd use for a class act like Staal. Just feels wrong.

Not trying to call you out, Ozzy. Just using your post as an example.

• Like 1

As far as novelty goes, it would have been nice to have seen Staal out there taking the faceoff with Girardi instead of Kreider. I know Kreider has been here a long time too, but it just would have been more appropriate for Marc to have done it.

Plus Kreider completely ignored Girardi's wife. Just gave her the flowers and cold shouldered her.

No offense, I just find it really sad that people find joy in a player like Staal getting benched.

I'm not saying he should play. He's better suited as a 7th these days (and an expensive one), I get it.

I find it rather sad and the end of an era of players that brought this team back from an utter embarrassment.

I'm not trying to tell anyone else how to feel or support the team, but when I reflect on the reactions of some folks ... "Take a seat" is not the words I'd use for a class act like Staal. Just feels wrong.

Not trying to call you out, Ozzy. Just using your post as an example.

I hear ya Pete...and there's a sentimental part of me that feels that way as well. Thing is that when Staal came up, guys like Kasperaitis, Ozolinsh, and even Rosival and Poti had to move over to make room for this big strapping defenseman who showed all that promise. I see it as part of the game, and the business.

Should I feel good or relish it? Yeah, I see your point. I think it's more excitement about seeing what the future holds for this team and these kids, when they play well are very fun to watch. It must have been a rough conversation for Quinn to go to Staal with that and tell him too. I don't admire that task for the coach.

Last night I was absolutely glued to the screen. But I think it's time for guys like Staal and Hank, who have had great runs with us, to at least consider being dealt to a contender at the deadline to make way for these kids, the way guys before them did. I just think players have a hard time dealing with the fact that they're on the back nine, and their skill are waning ....sometimes badly.

But no sweat dude, I appreciate the insight...no offense taken...ever! ;)