• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Filip Chytil, Ryan Lindgren

Phil

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cousin Libor going to go other way?

Staal in the press box? :D

I guess this confirms Mika is out tomorrow?

Will be interesting to see what they do if/when Mika is ready again. Sending Lias down? Cant have him in the press box. No way he scratches Howden and Strome has been our 2nd best center (although that doesnt mean much). Moving Strome to wing? Chytil played center in Hartford, so I guess thats where they want him to play. Lias really isnt a wing, neither is Howden.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Staal in the press box? :D

I guess this confirms Mika is out tomorrow?

Will be interesting to see what they do if/when Mika is ready again. Sending Lias down? Cant have him in the press box. No way he scratches Howden and Strome has been our 2nd best center (although that doesnt mean much). Moving Strome to wing? Chytil played center in Hartford, so I guess thats where they want him to play. Lias really isnt a wing, neither is Howden.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Another benefit of this guy...his play doesn't drop off when he's moved to wing.

No

Kravstov is losing nothing by going back to Russia.

He goes back to a place he?s comfortable with at 19 years old, and will get his confidence/stride back, while still playing against adult competition, and he will be back here for the AHL playoffs, all while burning a year of his ELC. There?s no reason to chicken little a 19 year old kid doing what the rangers happily negotiated into his contract.

Kravstov is losing nothing by going back to Russia.

He goes back to a place he’s comfortable with at 19 years old, and will get his confidence/stride back, while still playing against adult competition, and he will be back here for the AHL playoffs, all while burning a year of his ELC. There’s no reason to chicken little a 19 year old kid doing what the rangers happily negotiated into his contract.

People just running with the idea that Kravtsov is some sort of entitled primadonna who couldn’t hack it in Hartford is really annoying.

People just running with the idea that Kravtsov is some sort of entitled primadonna who couldn?t hack it in Hartford is really annoying.
Well, I think elements of both are true. He couldn't hack it in Hartford, but I don't blame him for going back to Russia. That doesn't make him a primadonna.

But the fact is he was not good here, in preseason or AHL. So he'll come back when he's ready.