• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

RickieNextel

Vodka Drunkenski

Fair enough.

But other forums seem to filter through new users a lot more frequently than this one does anymore. Could be related to a bunch of things; could also have to do with what I?m getting at as far as not wanting to deal with the BS that goes with being a frequent poster here.

Yep, hockey?s definitely not niche at all, and social media is definitely not an easier/more casual open platform available.

I?m sorry Richie but you?re being stubborn.

Fair enough.

Could also have to do with what I’m getting at as far as not wanting to deal with the BS that goes with being a frequent poster here.

I feel as though this is far more subjective than objective. You may feel as though you were treated a certain way. That's fair. I won't argue against that, though I know I feel that there are beliefs in regards to how this place is run that don't quite accurately depict the way it actually is.

There have been far fewer registrations over the last four years than there were over the first four years of the forum. That just stems from, as John has mentioned, other preferred and simplified forms of media.

Maybe in your opinion, sure. But calling my opinion as a whole stubborn is shortsighted when I know of people who have done with this forum what I?m currently doing, and for the same reasons.

Antivaxxers also think a kid who has autism has it because they had the vaccine, and their proof is... they had the vaccine. If you don?t understand why your explanation anecdotal at best, I?m sorry.

People should participate at their comfort level. If they want to post they should post, if they want to lurk that's cool too.

No one is targeted or conspired against. It didn't happen in the past and it doesn't happen now.

What happens is that folks that don't like to follow the rules here also don't like to face the consequences when they break them. So they deflect by making baseless accusations about favoritism, conspiracies, and bias treatment. Those claims have been going on for years.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It most certainly happened in the past, which is why this community has shrunk. GDT’s are sometimes 5 pages long.

It’s unfortunate when some people twist the rules and lean them how they want, while others have to sit back getting told Time and time again that they’re in the wrong.

Again, it’s why I stopped posting. Not worth the bantering or getting dragged into internet fights by people who seemingly live for internet drama. They start fights, get people riled up and then point and say “you broke the rules” all because someone baited them. It was and is still a little too much.

So, while I do miss posting, I just casually read now about the team, which is all I really do care for when it comes to this forum.

After the events of the past few days, I've thought a lot. And I talked to some users via PM. And I talked to Phil privately.

I've been readily admitting that I can't stay away from certain kinds of arguments, and I have to have the last word in a lot of instances. I've been forthright in saying that I'm part of the problem...But I've asked the staff to legislate me because I can't do it myself. That's wrong.

As someone who's been on both sides, I'm posting with a mod and user PoV and have had a recent dust up with the entire staff...I'll say this...I don't agree with the outward expression of the staff that they're always right, and if they issue discipline it's 100% warranted beyond reproach.

That said...What the fuck do they owe any of us? These guys have wives, kids, houses, jobs and bills to worry about. They have their own issues. They have sick family, maybe they're running from ICE...Who the fuck knows?

They are doing the best they can to make sure this place doesn't become a cesspool. And at baseline they're succeeding at that. There's a lot of grey area and sometimes they go straight to the nuclear option. Maybe there's no time for the nuance of what should be a thread ban vs an infraction, but they're usually moderating while they do their day jobs (and almost all of them have pretty serious day jobs), so again...So fucking what if they don't moderate an internet board (that they don't charge you to come to) to 100% perfection?

It's still better than any comments section of any blog about the Rangers, or you would't bother to come here...even to lurk. If you do, then maybe you need a more serious job.

Now, Richie claims to be a microcosm for "a lot of users"...Richie stopped posting here like 3 years ago, and his main complaint was me. I left, for over a year. Richie never came back. Neither did anyone else....So what's the problem? Is it me? Is it the entire way the board is run? Or maybe....Just maybe... It's you.

Jesus Christ, these people don't owe any of us anything. We got a chance to state our business. If you're still playing victim for shit that happened in 2016, then don't bother lurking, just go, man. You had a chance to come back after I left when I was the problem...And you didn't. If there's still a problem, it's YOUR problem.

• Like 2

Please continue...

I?ll just keep lurking. I lurk here. I lurk on HF. I lurk on Twitter. I lurk on SNY. Anywhere Ranger related, I?ll read up on. This was the only place I?d post. But I always read about the Rangers are many different platforms; this place still included.

You?re a little bitch. You?ve always been a little bitch and you always will be a little bitch. Yes, I stopped posting because of your Napoleon complex, and truth be told, I?ve enjoyed it. Which is why I never felt the need to come back. I liked lurking.

A post was made asking why I don?t post. I answered. Who the fuck cares? It?s not like I came walking in, randomly starting a post on my own. A question was asked. I answered. You don?t like the response? I don?t really give a shit.

• Like 1

Normally, we'd simply issue an infraction and then remove the offending post, but in this case, I'm leavnig it up (with the permission of it's target) to prove the point myself and the Staff have been driving home for days: it's not discrimination, politics, or bias — it's you and your inability to follow simple forum rules.

Don't like the way I run things? I don't really give a shit either.