• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Crosstown Rivals

jsm7302

Who wouldve thought the Islanders would be lighting it up this year compared to us and the devils.....Kind of mind blowing. Looking back, shouldve kept Pionk and let the Trouba train ride elsewhere. Panarin was still worthwhile. Damn, a closed door meeting rehashing this rebuild plan may be worth it.

I still don't get how the Islanders are good.

Coaching + PDO (101.9).

They're playing an incredibly disciplined brand of hockey that's greater than the sum of its parts with just four players on the entire roster below the 100% PDO threshold.

"Luck" analytic metric. It's just the sum of a team's shooting percentage and its save percentage. Teams above 100% are generally lucky to extremely lucky (the higher it is). Teams below it are generally unlucky to extremely unlucky (the lower it is).

• 2 weeks later...
Trotz is the best coach in the league. Him and Torts make whipped cream out of shit on a consistent basis.
I think what Trotz has done with the Islanders has enhanced his coaching prestige more than winning the Stanley Cup. He had the rap of not being able to bring home the big one, but after getting that out of the way, doing this well with this little is more impressive in many respects.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think what Trotz has done with the Islanders has enhanced his coaching prestige more than winning the Stanley Cup. He had the rap of not being able to bring home the big one, but after getting that out of the way, doing this well with this little is more impressive in many respects.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Stupid rap to have while coaching an average Preds team all those years.

Yeah, but are their players learning the requisite moral and folksy lessons it takes to become a man in today's society like the Ranger's players are?

Didn't think so.

Good point, I bet there's no Grand Slam breakfast on their agendas.