• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

You're the GM: What if the Zibenajad Injury is Significant?

Pete

1: I keep at least Fox up. He belongs here IMO. Kakko has no confidence. He might be worth sending down to start gaining some, but I think we need to be a bit more patient with him and the current youngsters on the team in general. It's only been 9 games.

2: Agreed, but I'd call Chytil up for 1C. Lias 2C.

3: Seems like they wouldn't get as much now rather than later, so it depends. Could kind of take or leave bringing Fast back as a UFA. Really depends on term.

4: Quinn inherited a garbage roster. He deserves more time, even though the lack of defensive structure combined with some of the lineup/rostering choices he has made seem suspect. Especially after the bad start.

5: It's early, but ok if this is what happens.

6: Feels like we used all of our luck to get Kakko. But hopefully not?

Depends how bad we are, along with a tinge of good fortune.

1st overall is obviously Lafreniere, but if we luck into 2nd, Byfield is a monster of a center.

If we lose the lottery but we're still bad, Lundell should be there at 5th or so.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zib is listed as "day to day", and Quinn said pointedly he did not sustain a concussion. Looked like ribs, or sternum or shoulder.

Crazy idea; Tortarella might like to have Kreider back. Kreider/Milano, straight up, guy who ,loves going to the net, even if he isn't a physical guy? We have too many guys who don't shoot, can we get somebody who likes to score goals? Change of scenery for both.

If I remember correctly, Torts wasn't Kreider fan .

He knows he's playing for a contract, be it here or elsewhere. He couldn't possibly play any worse than he is of late (barring 2 garbage time goals). But his play has been poor in all areas. It's like he knows he's gone and could give a shit. I can totally smell "rental" all over him at the TDL.

We can hold on to him until he "peaks"...we're in no hurry. He doesn't help the team or hurt the team either way. it's like he doesn't even exist...kinda like his game!! :rofl:

Is anyone still on board with giving him an extension? You'd think that after they dealt Namestnikov, that people would be saying it clears some space to extend Kreider... Nothing. Maybe he thinks the same.

I'm all for dealing him. I just hope they get a need back, and not just more draft picks.

Is anyone still on board with giving him an extension? You'd think that after they dealt Namestnikov, that people would be saying it clears some space to extend Kreider... Nothing. Maybe he thinks the same.

I'm all for dealing him. I just hope they get a need back, and not just more draft picks.

Nope I did a 180 here based on his junk start.

Oh for sure Franny!! I don't think we'd want anything more than a 1st rounder. I'd leave a small cocoa puff in my BVD's right now if a team gave us a #1 for him! :rofl:

????

Kreider is going to bring back an absolute haul. First rounder, more picks AND a legit top prospect. I can't believe how much love has been lost for this guy.

You'd think that after they dealt Namestnikov, that people would be saying it clears some space to extend Kreider... Nothing.

Namestnikov being on the team had nothing to do with the Rangers' ability to extend Kreider. They're both set to be UFAs at the end of the season. Extensions don't take effect until the years they're signed for.

Namestnikov being on the team had nothing to do with the Rangers' ability to extend Kreider. They're both set to be UFAs at the end of the season. Extensions don't take effect until the years they're signed for.

True. Forgot Namestnikov is an impending FA, and thought an extension could be reached in season, which could help lower the cap hit by adding his lower salary from this year into the extension... Don't know why I thought that.

????

Kreider is going to bring back an absolute haul. First rounder, more picks AND a legit top prospect. I can't believe how much love has been lost for this guy.

A rental winger that has never scored more than 28 goals and 53 points?

I think we should be happy with a 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I agree with most of the ops ideas. I just believed them before they played a game this year. Losing 1 player in game 9 shouldn’t be the end of hope for any team that has any chance of competing. Safe to say though year 1 of 7 is going to be a waste.

It's a waste if the young players get annexed. This was always supposed to be a development year. Nothing has changed except unrealistic expectations not being met and Kakko not being settled in yet.

Also, it's 9 games in and people are panicking a little too much after facing a Stanley Cup favorite team that has been together for many years now.

No. It isn’t

He’s never been much of a playoff producer

Beg to differ. OT goal vs. Boston in 2013. One man effort goal against Pitts in 2014 that turned that series around (as much as Marty St.L's mom). Tying goal when 1:40 from elimination in Game 5 against Washington in 2015. Goal and tremendous one man effort in Game 6 against OTT in 2017 that didn't quite get us over the hump (not enough help). Yeah, he's been quiet in the playoff sometimes, but on balance, a good performer at many crucial times. BTW, there was a thread this time last year when everyone said they were through with him, and then he went on a tear.

Beg to differ. OT goal vs. Boston in 2013. One man effort goal against Pitts in 2014 that turned that series around (as much as Marty St.L's mom). Tying goal when 1:40 from elimination in Game 5 against Washington in 2015. Goal and tremendous one man effort in Game 6 against OTT in 2017 that didn't quite get us over the hump (not enough help). Yeah, he's been quiet in the playoff sometimes, but on balance, a good performer at many crucial times. BTW, there was a thread this time last year when everyone said they were through with him, and then he went on a tear.
You're mentioning one good thing he's did in every playoff year... The playoffs are far more than about one moment.

The issue with him is he always goes on a 20-game tear and then he goes on to 30 game droughts...

It's a waste if the young players get annexed. This was always supposed to be a development year. Nothing has changed except unrealistic expectations not being met and Kakko not being settled in yet.

Also, it's 9 games in and people are panicking a little too much after facing a Stanley Cup favorite team that has been together for many years now.

I don't know if it's panic over 1 game. They have only played well in 1 game (Buffalo).

That, plus is Z (potentially) being out for an extended period of time just made for an opportunity for a fun thread.

I agree that this year was always going to be a bad development. I'd be far more willing to let them develop at the NHL level if they could do a little more winning. Without losing is clearly weighing on players like Kakko. Even Kreider looked like he was going to cry in the post game.

So if Z is out, they're probably going to lose a lot more. Just wanted to hear everybody's take on what they would do and why, if this was the tank season.

You don't want to keep all these top picks around in a losing culture. Then you become Edmonton.

it doesn't look like playing time is earned on this team. his message needs to fair to all. said it in another thread and the timeout brings it up again but he may well lose this team.
I see it happening. He definitely has started to lose the locker room.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

What's your motivation for bringing the kids up? My motivation for sending them down is shielding them from all the losing. I feel like I'd rather have them win in Hartford then lose in the NHL.
I like that opinion, it makes sense. Most of the current roster would look at it like a demotion, however it could prove invaluable at a developmental aspect.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!