• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mika Zibanejad Suffers Upper-Body Injury

Phil

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This injury to Zib makes the Namestnikov trade even more puzzling. Hopefully it's very short term, but it boggles my mind why we got rid of a player for a bag of pucks who has shown now in two organizations that he could slot up in time of need.

They weren’t going to/didn’t like to utilize him in that way. They weren’t going to extend him. He was not in the future plans. They tried getting more for him previously and couldn’t because there was no market for him. They decided that having some cap space and a roster spot to play with was enough

• 2 weeks later...
3 documented.

Not nearly the swirl people make of it..

Are we basing any of this off of anything more than replies to a twitter comment and some indicators?

Not being facetious and obviously it is possible to infer that maybe it’s a concussion, but is there anything concrete?

Are we basing any of this off of anything more than replies to a twitter comment and some indicators?

Not being facetious and obviously it is possible to infer that maybe it?s a concussion, but is there anything concrete?

Aside from him taking a shoulder to the jaw and no evidence of anything else it could be?

Aside from him taking a shoulder to the jaw and no evidence of anything else it could be?

Plus the report that he skated a couple days ago and then hasn't been seen since would sound like a typical concussion scenario where the symptoms can reoccur after you try to get back into it.

Yeah I see that and him not traveling was another indicator. Not good to fly if you’re concussed.

I was just wondering if there had been something else subsequent to Quinn saying it wasn’t a head injury.

Plus the report that he skated a couple days ago and then hasn't been seen since would sound like a typical concussion scenario where the symptoms can reoccur after you try to get back into it.

that was announced almost immediately after that practice, too.

Initially it looked like a concussion and that was logical conclusion

Then they said it wasn’t a head injury and I’ll always give a team the benefit of the doubt if they say that publicly

But now...

Indicators are pointing to him having been concussed and they're trying to keep that quiet or at least not say so out loud.