• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mika Zibanejad Suffers Upper-Body Injury

Phil

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we talk about how this team has managed to survive without their second best player? I'm fucking amazed with how this team has done without him.

Fucking seriously.

And the kids are gelling. Every time I look at the scoresheet, I see Chytil and Kakko. Can't ask for much more (well...Andersson, lol).

Can they actually get something of value for him, given the fact that there is this issue?

Looks like at least 3 concussions that can be conclusively established as such. Depending on what data you look at, that number could be as high 5-7.

Who knows for sure. But it’s clear, from what’s going on with him right now and how they’ve handled him that it’s most likely that a concussion is the case and teams will not be forthright about that.

Can they actually get something of value for him, given the fact that there is this issue?

Looks like at least 3 concussions that can be conclusively established as such. Depending on what data you look at, that number could be as high 5-7.

Who knows for sure. But it?s clear, from what?s going on with him right now and how they?ve handled him that it?s most likely that a concussion is the case and teams will not be forthright about that.

They would definitely get a huge return from him. Even if his long-term health may be a worry, he would be an amazing addition to any contender, especially with that contract. Two 1st would be a minimum.

That said, no way we should trade him. I dont think its that big of a concern as some may think.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They would definitely get a huge return from him. Even if his long-term health may be a worry, he would be an amazing addition to any contender, especially with that contract. Two 1st would be a minimum.

That said, no way we should trade him. I dont think its that big of a concern as some may think.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Glad you took my post for what it was, a legitimate question.

Though now I’ll ask another.

What is the basis or precedent for your point of view regarding Zib bringing back a big return?

Or is it based simply on him being a highly productive player?

And not saying that isn’t a fair basis, because by in large it is.

But it takes at all into account how any team might view his medical history, especially as it relates to concussions, which we know increase in likelihood and severity as a general rule the more you have them.

We can cite maybe Lindros and LaFontaine.

Lindros brought back a top prospect and two established young players plus a 3rd.

LaFontaine brought back a 2nd and future considerations.

In both those deals, neither team did well long-term. Probably fair to say neither team won.

And both Lindros and LaFontaine suffered concussions again. And missed lots of games and/or had their careers ended because of that.

Not pissing on your position. Also I’ll acknowledge that those deals were 20ish years ago, so we know more and can probably treat concussions more effectively now, but the prognosis still isn’t near good.

I’m saying it’s such a crap shoot that a 2 1sts return probably would represent a fleecing, and that not a hard conclusion for an opposing GM to arrive at.