• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Exercising European Out Clause; Signing with KHL Chelyabinsk

Phil

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to get to the middle. Currently, he just skates around the perimeter. Haven't seen him take it to the house even once.

he's trying to stick-handle thru everyone and put it in the empty net. he'll get it that its not the finnish league. Jagr was the same way when he came over

Come on oz. kreiders been bad but kakko struggles are not on him. Flat out the guy could use some time in Hartford. He may not like it and the fans may feel cheated because everything in today’s world has to be immediate satisfaction. But in terms of development he’s obviously down on himself, he’s questioning his role even wanting more, even though admittedly playing poorly. The guy could really use some games winning and having personal success. That is much harder to accomplish here. Sending him there isn’t being banished, it can just be for a month

It's obvious that his confidence is at rock bottom. He can't find space, NHL D Men just rag doll him like he's 18.

The Finnish league is fuckin awful. It's a country smaller than Toronto as far as population goes. It can't be good.

The biggest problem with guys like Kakko, and Kravtsov are expectations. Ranger prospect hype is driven by a single British teenager (Alex Nunn?) whose never stepped on ice, who makes gifs of these guys and presents his opinion like it means anything. The kid has no clue on what a hockey player even is. People eat it up and it drives up expectations to the point of absurdity.

Come on oz. kreiders been bad but kakko struggles are not on him. Flat out the guy could use some time in Hartford. He may not like it and the fans may feel cheated because everything in today’s world has to be immediate satisfaction. But in terms of development he’s obviously down on himself, he’s questioning his role even wanting more, even though admittedly playing poorly. The guy could really use some games winning and having personal success. That is much harder to accomplish here. Sending him there isn’t being banished, it can just be for a month

I don't think Hartford would be beneficial for him. I think he just needs time to figure out NHL.

It's obvious that his confidence is at rock bottom. He can't find space, NHL D Men just rag doll him like he's 18.

The Finnish league is fuckin awful. It's a country smaller than Toronto as far as population goes. It can't be good.

The biggest problem with guys like Kakko, and Kravtsov are expectations. Ranger prospect hype is driven by a single British teenager (Alex Nunn?) whose never stepped on ice, who makes gifs of these guys and presents his opinion like it means anything. The kid has no clue on what a hockey player even is. People eat it up and it drives up expectations to the point of absurdity.

obviously there are expectations from a highly touted #2 overall pick. but im not too concerned. he'll get there sooner rather than later IMO

True, but still had 23 goals and 23 assists.

I believe Kakko is on pace for 8 goals and 8 assists

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He figured it out after they shitcanned Melrose and Tocchet stepped in, but he was BAD in the first half of 08-09. Something like 14 points in his first 40 games or so.

Oh I hear ya Franny! I'm not dismissing the fact that he's playing at a low level right now. I can even feel his confidence is low when I watch him. At this point you're probably right because this team lacks real leadership, and the veteran players that are here and supposed to be leaders, simply are not.

Kreider is just sucking around for a trade

Hank has seen better days and is pretty much a salary cap wart

Staal just makes me wanna run over small children at a bus stop

Jesper Fast to me doesn't demonstrate the toughness of a leader either

Kakko is likely to be a leader himself one day and I sure as fuck don't want him to emulate ANY of those guys. I also say get him away from Kreider because the guy is like Mush, in the Bronx Tale; Everything Kreider touches turns to dogshit. Until we trade him of course!

I'm being greedy because I wanna see this kid progress and grow, but playing in Hartford would probably do him and the rest of the kids a lot more good than staying up here with this pile of expiring contract fodder.

I don't think Hartford would be beneficial for him. I think he just needs time to figure out NHL.

I actually really liked Kakko's 3rd period in the last game. I too think it's only a matter of time before he starts getting himself on the score sheet regularly.

However, Hartford has been a positive experience for Chytil and Lindgren and I don't think it would be a problem at all if Kakko did go down at some point if he continues to struggle.

I actually really liked Kakko's 3rd period in the last game. I too think it's only a matter of time before he starts getting himself on the score sheet regularly.

However, Hartford has been a positive experience for Chytil and Lindgren and I don't think it would be a problem at all if Kakko did go down at some point if he continues to struggle.

I just don't think Hartford is the only place for a player to develop. Players develop in the NHL too. I think Kakko is one of them.

That’s fine too. My only problem is that kakko himself is sounding beyond frustrated about everything. His play, his role, his success/failure. So while it’s great for us to say give him time to figure it out, kakko himself isn’t patient with it. End of the day he needs to play and find success to develop. As of now success he’s finding none in the nhl. That is not really surprising. He’s 18. The nhl is hard. Waiting to send him to Hartford is only going to make it worse on him if it’s further into the season. My take send him now, let him play in The Wjc, then if all goes right bring him back in January. At that point he should be in a better place with his game and confidence.

Also is it true the fox trade has a condition on his games played this year? Making the third a second? If so why in fuck is he here? He’s certainly not good enough to warrant giving up a very early second round pick in a loaded draft. I mean that’s the return we likely get for kreider. Why not limit his games played to not meet that condition?

why is he getting frustrated? its only been what, 8 games? if he's getting frustrated and the coaching staff are not calming him down, fuck the coaching staff.

I think Kakko still has his feelers out. He's hockey smart and skilled, and is aborbing every mistake, practice, game. It may take 10, 20, 30 games but his switch will turn on and his production will take off.

Pretty much how I feel. I think it will take longer than that, but I think the switch will flip pretty quickly.

Depending on his linemates, there might not be a ton of points, but I think he'll flip the switch at some point here. Nothing has really gone right for him, and sometimes it just takes a good bounce or something to get it going.

Want to make a guy feel comfortable fast? Put him in a position he's used to playing.

You know what he's done his whole life? Score goals. Put him in a position where he can score goals.

He was awful that first game with Zib and Panarin.

His issues are independent of linemates. If the issue was that he was making plays but nobody could finish, that's one thing, but that's not really the problem.

You'd be surprised at how NOT hard it is.

Try... pick one of the following pairs to put a slumping scorer with

Smith - Howden

Haley - Andersson

Panarin - Zibanejad

it doesn't matter. he's not a pure finisher in a sense where he just stands there and waits for a pass to put in the net. he's a puck possession player, he needs to adjust to NHL speed and skill