• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Exercising European Out Clause; Signing with KHL Chelyabinsk

Phil

He may be a knucklehead. Question remains what was done by the organization, what was he told was expected if him over this last summer. Again, could be he is in fact think headed. But at a loss having invested a high pick in him what NYR organization did to insure there wasn't this kind of developmental disaster.

And having said all that, he's 19. You can hope he grows up some and recognizes the chance he has here. We'll see again in March.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just not a good look at all, certainly not what was expected of him going into the season.

Not the end of the world for him by any means, I guess.

Would of much rather him stay and fight rather than running home.

For now he can F'off.

Anyone actually paying enough attention to the Wolfpack to give us more? The narrative around pouty Vitaly seems to have happened real fast. Why'd he get scratched so often?

I have a hard time getting upset about a 19y/o top prospect going somewhere he's actually going to play hockey games without something like "he literally couldn't hack the AHL" attached.

His numbers were nothing special in the K last year, and I don't know why so many thought he was NHL ready. A year in the KHL and then next year in the AHL might be about right before he's brought to NY. It's not that I expect a 2017 #7 and 2018 #9 to be having an impact in the NHL already, but it is that I expect some sign of reason for optimism by now, and I don't know that we have that with either of them.
  • Like 1

His numbers were nothing special in the K last year, and I don't know why so many thought he was NHL ready. A year in the KHL and then next year in the AHL might be about right before he's brought to NY. It's not that I expect a 2017 #7 and 2018 #9 to be having an impact in the NHL already, but it is that I expect some sign of reason for optimism by now, and I don't know that we have that with either of them.

Relative to his age they were.

Sucks that he’s going. And it’s bad optics and bad for his reputation.

But end of the day, it may mean nothing and I don’t see it being a huge knock to his development. Better to play over there then not play in Hartford. It’s more about him acclimating to North America than the “NA Game.”

I honestly can’t blame a 19-year old kid for going back. Much more playing time and a lot more money. I think most kids that age make that choice given the circumstances.

This by no means shuts the door on him, nor does it mean that he still can’t be what we think he’ll be, or that he won’t come back, or that he’s a bust and we need to shit down his throat.

Let him go there. Let him play. We all knew this might happen. It’s why he had the clause in the first place.

Kravtsov?s number in KHL last year were very good. Compare to other 19 y/old in that league and you?ll see. He also played on a really bad team.

Lias has improved in many aspects of his game. He?s faster, he?s really good on the PK with zib and he?s stronger. He?s not putting up any points, but thats to expect when u play

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kuznetsov was drafted in 2010 and stayed in the KHL to 2014. Tarasenko was drafted in 2010 and stayed in the KHL to 2013. Kravtsov?s D1 year was just as good as those two?s.

Let him stay a year, maybe even two more in KHL and he?ll be fine. This is no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Anyone actually paying enough attention to the Wolfpack to give us more? The narrative around pouty Vitaly seems to have happened real fast. Why'd he get scratched so often?

I have a hard time getting upset about a 19y/o top prospect going somewhere he's actually going to play hockey games without something like "he literally couldn't hack the AHL" attached.

I haven't watched a minute of the Wolfpack, but I listened to a couple of pods this week with people who follow the team. They seemed to believe he was on the right track, improving every game after the scratch. They also said the benching had nothing to do with "pouting", he was being sat for bad turnovers. Something they described as excessive and a bit ridiculous, as he was attempting to dangle guys and create which is part of his makeup as a player. That sounds very Quinn-y, but what do I know.

I have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes so I'm not willing to point fingers. And people throwing the "so long, primadonna, couldn't hack it" style comments around are being ridiculous imo.

• Like 2

Fuck! But i think he might?ve needed an extra year in KHL. He?s only 19. I think KHL is better than AHL for him. I just hope they don?t completely lose the kid.

But hey, we got Haley and McKegg.

I was very upset that the team chose Haley and McKegg over Kratzov. I saw this coming and now that its here I'm starting to lose my respect for DQ.

He was brought in to work with the kids. We were all told about his strong ability to develop and help grow. First he got demoted over McKegg and Haley? Hope Mc and Haley are worth loosing the future.

The team has so much talent and possibilities with the youth, yet they chose to bury them and go with vets? WTF is wrong when the coach brought here to develop doesn't develop? Starting to think that he is getting to comfortable and a better than thou attitude. I say that because he was hired to teach first, win second. I dont care if we win this year as long as we have solid development and a competitive team.

This whole situation just stinks.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Took his ball and went home.

The fact that he was scratched a game and benched in others. WTF? This is another kid the fans and organization talked up as a sure thing and that people have to calm down about how they reached on a high draft pick AGAIN.

Seriously. He didn't last 5 games? He has fellow countrymen there with him no? Really REALLY not a good look. Couldn't stay in an AHL lineup AT ALL?

I don't want to hear that he should have made the NHL roster. He couldn't even get playing time in the AHL. That's insane.

Another fucking reach. Another fucking mistake with a high pick

I haven't watched a minute of the Wolfpack, but I listened to a couple of pods this week with people who follow the team. They seemed to believe he was on the right track, improving every game after the scratch. They also said the benching had nothing to do with "pouting", he was being sat for bad turnovers. Something they described as excessive and a bit ridiculous, as he was attempting to dangle guys and create which is part of his makeup as a player. That sounds very Quinn-y, but what do I know.

I have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes so I'm not willing to point fingers. And people throwing the "so long, primadonna, couldn't hack it" style comments around are being ridiculous imo.

I've listened to some 'casts as well and have come to realize a lot of them are just Rangers Twitter fanbois, but audible. I do not take their word for anything.

Without watching the games it's hard to say if it was "excessive and ridiculous" ourselves. Did he turn the puck over 5 times at the opponents blueline trying to make plays that weren't there and not learning a damn thing? If so, yea take a seat. "Turnover" is a rather ambiguous term without knowing the entire situation.

I just think he came over a little too young. I don't think he has a good feel for the NA game (which is something we're seeing Kakko slow to adjust to as well). I don't care that he wants to go home, if he's having a tough time here, but I don't anticipate he'll pick up the NA game any quicker if and when he comes back.

I do think the the primadonna label is harsh, but no more ridiculous that coming down on Quinn either for this, or his style of play...Zibenajad, Panarin, Buch, Zucc, Kreider have all managed to score some goals and play with skill under Quinn. Kravtsov isn't a unicorn that needs special treatment. If you want that type of free reign and latitude, you better be Malkin-level production...and Kravtsov isn't...Or he'd have torn up Traverse and pre-season.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2018-draft/2018-nhl-draft-results/round-1

Dahlin at Buffalo

Svechnikov at Carolina

B. Thackuk at Ottawa

They are making contributions to their teams but they were drafted before.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

The obvious pick they should have made in Wahlstom has played for his team already. I love the Isles picks from last year. Those should have been Ranger targets or they should have put an undeniable package together to get Tkachuk or Zadina.

IMO this is a major setback. He couldn't play in the AHL. How in the hell can anyone say he deserved to make the Rangers? Yes Haley and Mckegg are very undesirable. But he COULDN'T PLAY IN THE AHL!!!! Not one bit. Scratched...... benched?

I hope I'm overreacting, but this is pissing me off. I mean we are STILL waiting for Mr "NHL ready" ( I know there's no exact quote of anyone saying those exact words...) to fucking break out of a limited 4th line role and beat out the amazing Ryan Strome and Brett Howden.... He sure did throw the fuck out of that medal he didn't want.

The obvious pick they should have made in Wahlstom has played for his team already. I love the Isles picks from last year. Those should have been Ranger targets or they should have put an undeniable package together to get Tkachuk or Zadina.

IMO this is a major setback. He couldn't play in the AHL. How in the hell can anyone say he deserved to make the Rangers? Yes Haley and Mckegg are very undesirable. But he COULDN'T PLAY IN THE AHL!!!! Not one bit. Scratched...... benched?

I hope I'm overreacting, but this is pissing me off. I mean we are STILL waiting for Mr "NHL ready" ( I know there's no exact quote of anyone saying those exact words...) to fucking break out of a limited 4th line role and beat out the amazing Ryan Strome and Brett Howden.... He sure did throw the fuck out of that medal he didn't want.

Sorry, but that is just hysterical bullshit.

I've listened to some 'casts as well and have come to realize a lot of them are just Rangers Twitter fanbois, but audible. I do not take their word for anything.

Without watching the games it's hard to say if it was "excessive and ridiculous" ourselves. Did he turn the puck over 5 times at the opponents blueline trying to make plays that weren't there and not learning a damn thing? If so, yea take a seat. "Turnover" is a rather ambiguous term without knowing the entire situation.

I just think he came over a little too young. I don't think he has a good feel for the NA game (which is something we're seeing Kakko slow to adjust to as well). I don't care that he wants to go home, if he's having a tough time here, but I don't anticipate he'll pick up the NA game any quicker if and when he comes back.

I do think the the primadonna label is harsh, but no more ridiculous that coming down on Quinn either for this, or his style of play...Zibenajad, Panarin, Buch, Zucc, Kreider have all managed to score some goals and play with skill under Quinn. Kravtsov isn't a unicorn that needs special treatment. If you want that type of free reign and latitude, you better be Malkin-level production...and Kravtsov isn't...Or he'd have torn up Traverse and pre-season.

Yeah, agree with most of this.

I don't agree that it's too early to start questioning some of what Quinn does after a full season and change, but that's another thread.

Yeah, agree with most of this.

I don't agree that it's too early to start questioning some of what Quinn does after a full season and change, but that's another thread.

Oh, I question some of it, too.

Just not his handling of Kravtsov (I think I said already, I believe JD has a lot of say in that).