• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Exercising European Out Clause; Signing with KHL Chelyabinsk

Phil

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has he shown that he would’ve been up for weeks now?

Nothing because he left. But he would have been the most talented forward on Hartford if he had decided to play and try. Chances are he'd be called up over Tim Gettinger if he was here and could have filled in on the 3rd line during these past three weeks. His other Russian friends in Hartford didn't run away because it was too hard or uncomfortable. It's their first time here too.

Nothing because he left. But he would have been the most talented forward on Hartford if he had decided to play and try. Chances are he'd be called up over Tim Gettinger if he was here and could have filled in on the 3rd line during these past three weeks. His other Russian friends in Hartford didn't run away because it was too hard or uncomfortable. It's their first time here too.
Just to play DA, the other two are 3-4 years older than he is.

He showed absolutely nothing in preseason and you think he would?ve been cementing his spot?

I wish people would stop saying "he gave up", "he ran away" as if it's some sort of fact.

He successfully negotiated a contract that gave him the opportunity to go home and make significantly more money should he fail to make the team.

He then failed to make the team.

Hence, he activated the clause in his contract, enabling him to go home and make significantly more money whilst enjoying his mothers cooking.

I mean, what possible reason could he have to negotiate that clause if he didn't intend to use it? He was gone the moment they cut him.

He showed absolutely nothing in preseason and you think he would’ve been cementing his spot?

I'm not talking about preseason. I'm talking about playing in Hartford. Did you forget what Chytil did after being invisible in preseason? There is absolutely no reason why Kravtsov couldn't have done the say if he had stayed here like the other two Russians rather than running away.

I wish people would stop saying "he gave up", "he ran away" as if it's some sort of fact.

He successfully negotiated a contract that gave him the opportunity to go home and make significantly more money should he fail to make the team.

Hence, he activated the clause in his contract, enabling him to go home and make significantly more money whilst enjoying his mothers cooking.

I mean, what possible reason could he have to negotiate that clause if he didn't intend to use it? He was gone the moment they cut him.

Agreed. A little empathy goes a long way here too.

I do think he might have some sour grapes and he may hold a grudge against the Rangers though. Just speculating based on that interview he gave after moving back. Not sure how that will impact his future.

I'm not talking about preseason. I'm talking about playing in Hartford. Did you forget what Chytil did after being invisible in preseason? There is absolutely no reason why Kravtsov couldn't have done the say if he had stayed here like the other two Russians rather than running away.

You?re comparing a player who has already shown that he can play in this league last season. I?m not saying Kravtsov is going to be a bad player but I?m struggling to figure out what you?ve seen to automatically assume he will cement his spot by now.

You’re comparing a player who has already shown that he can play in this league last season. I’m not saying Kravtsov is going to be a bad player but I’m struggling to figure out what you’ve seen to automatically assume he will cement his spot by now.

Talent. The same thing that made him a top 10 draft pick. It's there.

That’s right. Pretty simple

• 3 weeks later...