• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

follow Dadandburied on IG and Twitter

This, also on Facebook.

Does anyone else’s kids stand outside their door waiting for the alarm to go off, and then come in their bedroom as soon as it goes off? My kids are up at like 6:30 every morning, no matter what time they go to bed, and my alarm clock goes off at like 7:15, and they wait in the hallway u til the second it clicks on, and then they come in and start having an all out conversation with me. The latest they will sleep until is 7:00, it’s nuts.

When we were young, my wife and I used to go into a restaurant and ask for the "no smoking, no kids" section. LOL Raising kids is difficult in so many ways and the most supreme sacrifice of self, or maybe not, depending upon your view. We're 60 with two boys (20 + 22) and it's worked out for us but not without countless hours together and communication. I have a friend in his 80's who told me that his dad basically opened the door when he turned 18 and said, "Good luck!" And he did pretty much the same with his boys. He lamented to me more than once many years ago that they were not close.

There is no 'right way' to do it and kids certainly don't come with directions. You do the best you can. Earlier in my career I was a junior high teacher in a pretty difficult school and I had about 4,000 kids pass through my 7th and 8th grade US History classes. I got to see so much disfunction and 'crazy' parenting (my wife taught 7 & 8th grade Spanish/French in another Jr. High across town) that it became pretty clear what we were NOT going to do. What to do? Love 'em. Support 'em. Teach them. But there was no way our kids were going to be our peer-level friends. Parents who wanted their kids to be their 'besties' were a disaster in action. Kids want boundaries and the adults need to establish them. Good luck to you all.

This, also on Facebook.

Does anyone else’s kids stand outside their door waiting for the alarm to go off, and then come in their bedroom as soon as it goes off? My kids are up at like 6:30 every morning, no matter what time they go to bed, and my alarm clock goes off at like 7:15, and they wait in the hallway u til the second it clicks on, and then they come in and start having an all out conversation with me. The latest they will sleep until is 7:00, it’s nuts.

My kids are teenagers, so waking up at 6:30 on their own would consist of the house being on fire, maybe.

I have a feeling my son will not want to go to college. He hates school. Im afraid to think what’s going to happen once high school is over

Plenty of ways to make a living skipping that step, I thank God I got out every day.

Similar to your fear, I've just come to accept that our three kids may live with us forever. I actually embrace it. I would prefer to have a couple more, actually, but not my call.

It's a tough world for adolescents. Wages are a joke and home prices are absurd.

Mine is on the bus by 6:30am. My wife and I wake up at 7:30. Im pretty proud of him being independent like that.

Yeah, no busses for either of my kid’s school. Michael gets up easy, my daughter, not so much. Also, he takes lessons at 5:30am once a week, so we’re up at 4:15 one day a week. Not pretty. Lol

Plenty of ways to make a living skipping that step, I thank God I got out every day.

Similar to your fear, I've just come to accept that our three kids may live with us forever. I actually embrace it. I would prefer to have a couple more, actually, but not my call.

It's a tough world for adolescents. Wages are a joke and home prices are absurd.

I dont know any other way. No one in my family or wife’s side was ever a manual laborer accept for one of my uncles, who’s a loser. Everyone has at least an associates degree.

I dont know any other way. No one in my family or wife?s side was ever a manual laborer accept for one of my uncles, who?s a loser. Everyone has at least an associates degree.
Traded are always in demand.

Painter

Carpenter

Plumber

Electrician