• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kids are the Wors — Best, I Meant Best

Phil

Infants are for women folk. Toddlers are the best. 2-4 are the best years imo.

Toughest years were 1-3 IMO. Kids still napping, food/eating habits in flux, still the inability to express their wants or feelings clearly. Best years for me were 3-6. I have 2 girls, now 9-7 they?re still awesome but I know what is lurking in a few years. Oh well ?I gave it all I had? [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kidding aside, kids are the best. They?re all that matters to me.....oh and my wife too. Rangers and Giants can lose on a Sunday but my kids telling me they love me or they want me to color a picture with them makes me forget about the aggravation, atleast for a little while. Me showing interest in anything they enjoy means the world to them and that?s a great feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well, it's better in Fall than Spring, that's for sure.

Kids and sleep are a funny thing, we generally gave up some regimented structure long ago and it has helped immensely. We could have five in the big bed, or one in the big bed, depends on the night.

Some of our friends really struggle and they're sleep Nazis. "Oh we have to leave the dinner party it's bed time for Lucy" or "We have to leave the pool party it's nap time for Lucy" these are the types I find struggle with it more than any despite their organization and regimine.

Dual incomes can really struggle with this stuff, too. Most working moms in our circle really try to take advantage of my stay at home wife. "Do you mind watching my kid, and then taking my kid home at nap time so they can be in their own bed, and stay with them until I get home?

LOL, no. We won't do that, you fucking psychopath.

Once we stopped caring it all got better, and we've been at this for over a decade.

Yea, having kids makes you realize how little control you have.

They'll sleep when they sleep. They'll get up when they get up.

We don't leave parties or anything, but when home our rule is in bed at 830. If you don't want to sleep, don't. But don't come downstairs.

To prepare for last night we started letting our son, 2 years and almost 4 months old, stay up 15-20mins later each night the past few nights. Last night was about an hour later than his normal time. Each night he still woke up at his normal time between 6-30am. Except last night, which was between 5 and 530am so it was really all for nothing lol. I am working and my wife is off today so she got up with him and I slept another hour until 6. Luckily for us we were both shot last night and went to bed around 930pm. Which felt amazing when I turned a bunch of clocks back to 830pm before I went to bed haha. He is napping right now, during his normal nap time.

We didn't really do much of anything with my daughter, who is almost 7 months old. She slept about the same as well.

Kids and sleep are a funny thing, we generally gave up some regimented structure long ago and it has helped immensely. We could have five in the big bed, or one in the big bed, depends on the night.

Some of our friends really struggle and they're sleep Nazis. "Oh we have to leave the dinner party it's bed time for Lucy" or "We have to leave the pool party it's nap time for Lucy" these are the types I find struggle with it more than any despite their organization and regimine.

Dual incomes can really struggle with this stuff, too. Most working moms in our circle really try to take advantage of my stay at home wife. "Do you mind watching my kid, and then taking my kid home at nap time so they can be in their own bed, and stay with them until I get home?

Once we stopped caring it all got better, and we've been at this for over a decade.

We try to ensure a mid day nap for my son but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. It didn't happen much over the summer as we didn't wanna be the people you described, leaving parties/bbqs/etc, just so our kid could nap. We have to have lives too. Between my work schedule allowing me to be home a lot during the day, and for the days we both work during the day our babysitter being a pretty well structured "in home daycare center" he gets his naps pretty much every day. If he doesn't nap we just try to get him to bed earlier. Again, with my daughter, she's an infant so she pretty much naps whenever she wants.

Shitty as this is...we kinda just figure he'll be a miserable wreck when he gets home from daycare tomorrow all tired and cranky and groggy thinking it's an hour later than it is and he'll be right as rain after that episode.

I'm bracing myself for a shitstorm tomorrow night though. That's gonna be one cranky ass toddler.

My son had a nice 3 hour nap yesterday from around noon until around 315pm. Went to bed normal time, between 7-730pm. Not sure when he actually went to sleep as once I was done rocking with him I booked out of the house for my hockey game. Anyway, little fucker woke up at 545am this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. Hopefully in a few days that wake up time moves its way back into the 615-630am range again.