• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#8) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // Let's Not BuffaLOSE This Game!

High and Wide

Player of the game:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the game:

• Ryan Strome
    • Brett Howden
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Other: Please specify

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he does. The offensive side of his game is on point. If he gets it together defensively he would be a perennial all star.

I’m wishing for that too. But sadly, I don’t believe he’ll ever be more than below average defensively. Which would be an improvement over what he is now, but still require lots of sheltering and very selective deployment.

Didn't get to watch the game.

What happened to the lines? I see Kakko again had limited ice time. Did he get bounced from the 1st line early in the game?

He looks a bit lost right now. Seems like we say this frequently with Quinn and young players. Really hope there is a method to his madness.

What happened to the lines? I see Kakko again had limited ice time. Did he get bounced from the 1st line early in the game?

Kakko had a couple bad turnovers (including the assist on the 3-1 goal). He seems to struggle a little at the moment, got bounced from the 1st line some time in the 2nd, only had a couple of shifts in the 3rd. He had a really good shift on the PP in the 3rd (hit the post after a nice move against the goalie).

It takes time to find chemistry, so I hope he gets the chance on the 1st line next game again, but I think it was a fine decision limiting his ice time this game, he didnt really have a good game and Lemieux, Fast, Buch, Panarin all had very good games.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

No for once Quinn more or less kept the lines together. The second and third lines played much better than the first with kakko on it.

He had a few noticeable plays a nice give and go play with... I wanna say Lemieux, that he beat the goalie with and hit the post on. Then another play where he skated it into the zone and got flattened along the boards. Gave the puck up on a bad clearing attempt for Buffalos first goal. Also gave up the puck at the blue line on one play which didn?t result in much but wasn?t pretty. Over all not a great game.

Edit: sorry typing on my phone

No for once Quinn more or less kept the lines together. The second and third lines played much better than the first with kakko on it.

He had a few noticeable plays a nice give and go play with... I wanna say Lemieux, that he beat the goalie with and hit the post on. Then another play where he skated it into the zone and got flattened along the boards. Gave the puck up on a bad clearing attempt for Buffalos first goal. Also gave up the puck at the blue line on one play which didn’t result in much but wasn’t pretty. Over all not a great game.

Edit: sorry typing on my phone

The list of plays where he gives up the puck is a long one. It's why his minutes aren't there.

looks like he may not be ready. stick him to the third line and forget about him for awhile.

I just wish they'd keep him away from Kreider. Fucking guy is a contagious plague of suck. Kakko is 18 and he's going to make mistakes...lots of 'em. He's going to be a star though, and I think Panarin is going to be the guy he learns from the most.

Just an aside though: Panarin has an absolute fucking missile of a shot! Holy jumping shit balls!! I never realized that guy can fire it like that!!!!