• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Was Panarin Worth It?

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll be OK, his best asset is his brain. He doesn't think the game like anybody I can remember.

Yup. Agreed. His best talent is his ability to anticipate play, which is scary because he also possesses elite puck handling and vision. I also don't think he gets near enough credit defensively. He is a smart and fantastic back checker.

If Datsyuk played wing...

Yup. Agreed. His best talent is his ability to anticipate play, which is scary because he also possesses elite puck handling and vision. I also don't think he gets near enough credit defensively. He is a smart and fantastic back checker.

If Datsyuk played wing...

He has HOF level ability and he’s not tied to an asset or particular skill that declines heavily with age. Has a good shot at aging well

I think they get 4-5 elite seasons and hopefully 1 more where he’s good to very good

Since he gave me the wink at the Lightning game I'm a BFF (Bread Fan Forever). And there is zero % chance he had something in his eye, it was too deliberate. The wife is getting me the jersey for Christmas! White home jersey for nostalgic reasons.

Joinin' ya Brownie...except I'm going full blueshirt! ...same reason!

Trivia question

I remember the hat trick while he was on the CBJ's was against us...

Last night's trick was for us, obviously...

...and on February 17, 2016, in another game against the Rangers as a Blackhawk, Panarin scored his first career NHL hat-trick

/insert fist pump here! :repped:

Our record in regulation is 14-12-5. A middle of the pack team. Without Panarin, we'd be down with Detroit and Jersey at the very bottom of the league and everyone would be wailing about Andersson and Kratsov and the rebuild not being on track. In short, by himself he's responsible for a totally different perception of the team.
  • Like 1

Our record in regulation is 14-12-5. A middle of the pack team. Without Panarin, we'd be down with Detroit and Jersey at the very bottom of the league and everyone would be wailing about Andersson and Kratsov and the rebuild not being on track. In short, by himself he's responsible for a totally different perception of the team.

This x 1000. The ability to keep the team on track for a wild card spot and possibly some playoff experience during a rebuild will pay dividends when all of the pieces are in place. Soooooo worth it.

• 4 weeks later...